Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Already Exists in the Vault - on check in

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
3032 Views, 2 Replies

File Already Exists in the Vault - on check in

I have a user who checked out a drawing and the associated Inventor assembly for editing.  Now he is checking the whole deal back in.  He is continually getting, on multiple items, the error message: "A file with this name already exists in the Vault".  Of course it does.... he just checked it out yesterday.  These are primarily Content Center parts.  Any reason why Vault will not allow him to check them back in?  They have not been modified in any way, other that their position in the assembly.

Vault pro 2015, Inventor 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
smithmat
in reply to: cbenner

One possible way this can happen is as follows:

1. The setting Tools->Administration->Vault Settings->Options->"Enforce Unique File Names" is turned off.
  2. User adds file named A to Folder F1.
  3. User adds a different file, also named A, to Folder F2
  4. Now, the setting "Enforce Unique File Names" is changed to on.  
  5. User checks out one of the files named A.
  6. User attempts to check back in and gets an error indicating there is already a file in the Vault with that name.

So, in your case, the first question is:  

Is there another file somewhere else that has the same name?

In either case, in the short term, to work around it--turn off "Enforce Unique File Names" temporarily.

Hope that helps,

- Matt

Message 3 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: smithmat

So simple.  Thank you.  The box did in fact get checked while I was playing around with some stuff yesterday, and I completely forgot about it.  Thank you fine sir.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report