Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feed excel metadata to vault file properties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tanveer4m
1378 Views, 4 Replies

feed excel metadata to vault file properties

I was using Bentley Project wise & now wanted to migrate from Bentley to Autodesk vault. I have 30 to 40 thousand files in out project wise data base & indexed. I can generate .cvs metadata file for our project-wise database . but how to import that data at once in vault? do I need to upload the files & fill the attributes manually?

Any help/suggestion please.

Tanveer
Autocad Draftsman
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
xavier_dumont2
in reply to: tanveer4m

What kind of file do you have (Autocad or Inventor)? Does those metadata are linked with iProperties in Inventor or block in Autocad?

Message 3 of 5
tanveer4m

i have already configured autocad attribute  files in vault but for non attribute files are more in number beside that pdf tiff & some other documents are there i have collected their all attributes in our old data base. now i need to put that meta data into vault. scanned tiff files are aroud 17,000 in number. but i have thier attribute in excell sheet.

Tanveer
Autocad Draftsman
Message 4 of 5
xavier_dumont2

Ok, Autodesk Vault has an API who can give you tools to upload those kind of metadata. The best is to ask your reseller about that.

Maybe a tools like CoolOrange DataLoader can do this kind of Job: http://www.coolorange.com/en/products/dataloader

Message 5 of 5
tanveer4m
in reply to: xavier_dumont2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxdjdpfCzW8

I have seen in above linked vedio clip He is inserting the files into vault & feeding attributes from excell. I tried to do same way he is doing but my vault folder structures are different than him.

"importfileproperties -s localhost -db vault -u adminstrator -p "" import.csv" this is the way he is using in vedio clip but i cannot find any such files in my vault anywhere in my PC.

Any help please.

Tanveer
Autocad Draftsman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report