Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to acquire a license - Licensing Error 319

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bjr001
11638 Views, 6 Replies

Failed to acquire a license - Licensing Error 319

I've tried to set up a test environment with Vault 2013 Pro. For this purpose I got a appropriate license from Autodesk which FlemLM also except when perfoming diagnositc:

--------
Diagnostics
--------
FLEXnet diagnostics on Thu 5/24/2012 14:17

-----------------------------------------------------
License file: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\VLTM2013delicense.lic
"85987VLTM_2013_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  License server: dehdhdev002
  floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 20-aug-2012

This license can be checked out

But when starting Vault Client and trying to login I get the Error "Failed to acquire a license" everytime. Checking the ADMS Server Log I can read the following:

24.05.2012 14:24:34 *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634734662747369040 )
Exception: LicensingError [319] (20)
Stacktrace: 
Server stack trace: 
   at Connectivity.Core.Security.Licensing.LicenseCheckOut(User user, ProductLicenseType productType)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.CreateLicensedToken(User user, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly, ProductLicenseType licType, Byte[] p)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVaultName, Boolean readOnly)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v17.SecurityService.SignIn(String userName, String userPassword, String knowledgeVault)

MAC is matchting in license file, Firewall is turned off. 

I can't find any solution for this, where I want to ask you guys!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mollons
in reply to: bjr001

Are you on a 64 bit system which may have IPv6 enabled?

If so, try this...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=9240698

Scott

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 7
bjr001
in reply to: mollons

Awesome! This one works - thank to you!

Message 4 of 7
DRudaz
in reply to: mollons

Hello,

I have the same problem on my laptop. But this error *failed to acquire a license" come only at the first access to the vault. I click ok two times and all is ok. All of my products (PDSU, Publisher)are NLM and there is no error with licensing.

I have installed the files in nlm11.10_ipv6_support_win64.exe, but no effect.

Another thing to do.

Regards,

Dom

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: DRudaz

You need to make sure that the ADMS Server as well as your client can both connect to the NLM server using IPv4.  You can point both machines to the NLM server by modifying your HOSTS file to point to the IP address of the NLM server (or 127.0.0.1 if the ADMS and NLM are on the same host.)

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
sukhjeet

Hey Scott,

I installed Vault 2014 Professional version and successfully configured lmtools.I did verified it with following the steps mentioned in http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14379546&linkID=9240617

But still while connecting the client using Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 I'm getting this error and the strange thing is that when I'm using the web client with read only option then I'm able to connect the vault server.

Kindly suggest as I'm using windows 2008 Server and I had disabled the firewall on it.

-Sukhjeet

Message 7 of 7
mollons

Are you using a 64 bit Server 2008? If so, try the IPv6 version of ADLM I link to in the post at the start of this thread.

The read-only webclient does not pull a license. So I wouldn't expect to see any problem there.

Can you ping the server from your client?

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report