Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to install MS Office addin

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
aguitton116
479 Views, 3 Replies

Fail to install MS Office addin

Hi everyone,

I read a couple of topics about problems to install the addin but it's not exactly similar to my problem. In my case, I know how to install it and I see it on the list while running vault client installation (Pro 2012 x64 in my case).

When I check the box and want to come back, the setup wizard tells me that the addin is already installed and that I have to remove it before installing it again. The problem is that i can't see the addin in windows configuration panel, nor in word or excel preferences/addin/COM addins.

All my softwares are in french, including the OS of course (which is windows 7 pro SP1 x64). How can I remove the office addin manually in order to reinstall it properly ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Lynn2009
in reply to: aguitton116

Hi Aguitton116,

yes, the office addin can't be installed if another version office add-in is installed. And Office addin is a feature of vault client installation, you only can remove or add it via vault client installation.

So could you check if you have another vault flavor or previous version vault client installed in your machine? if yes,  please continue to check whether they have installed an office add-in already.  if yes, you can remove the old office add-in via other version vault client installation, and then the new office addin should can be installed via the 2012 vault client installation (pro 2012 x64).

Hope it is helpful.

Regards

Lynn

Message 3 of 4
aguitton116
in reply to: Lynn2009

Thanks it works now !

II had my vault 2011 client still installed. I removed it and I then installed the MS Office addin for Vault 2012.

Arnaud

Message 4 of 4
Lynn2009
in reply to: aguitton116

Glad to hear that !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report