Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting multi-level BOM to Excel

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wouter_viavac
1703 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting multi-level BOM to Excel

I would like to export a multi-level BOM from Vault Professional 2012 to Excel, preferably by means of an easy (and fool-proof) procedure. I found that copy/paste fuctionality works after selecting all items in the BOM. However, the structure of the subassemblies/parts gets lost when pasting into Excel.

With the dedicated "Export" fuction the multi-level structure gets lost as well in the *.xls file. Exporting to html appeared to be a solution, but then I discovered that e.g. descriptions and supplier numbers are cropped when they exceed a certain length.

I know the "Export Items" fuctionality where you can add a BOM level indicator to each item, like e.g. 1.3.6. This information would be useful in the Excel document, but I prefer a less elaborate and more WYSIWYG approach than the "Export Items" procedure provides. Besides, the "Export Items" fuction is limited to released items only and sometimes I need to export the BOM of work-in-progress items as well.

Any help to find an easy way to export a complete multi-level BOM is most appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Little kick to the topic...

Message 3 of 5
mollons
in reply to: wouter_viavac

Unfortunately there is not a good solution beyond export as html. I have logged this with the development team and product design.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 5
RobRidings2
in reply to: mollons

Has there been any development on this topic?

Exporting a multi-level BOM which shows all associative drawings and attachments is something that would be very useful to me.

Inventor Pro 2021 Pro
Vault Pro 2021 Pro
Revit 2021
Navisworks Manage 2021
Windows 10 v1909, 64-bit
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.0GHz
64GB
Nvidia Quadro M4000
Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: RobRidings2

As of 2013 Vault Pro, this is still an issue.  I can get a much cleaner BOM exported form Inventor than from Item Master.  With a potential ERP link in our future, I was hoping to be able to export BOM's directly to our ERP system for the engineers, but the indented structure is just not there.

And I should add that the help files indicate that a BOM can be exported as a .csv file.... this is not actually an option when exporting.  Perhaps this may make a difference?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums