Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: BadResourceRelativePath [111]

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DWhiteley
380 Views, 2 Replies

Exception: BadResourceRelativePath [111]

Hi,

I have a customer who is unable to either checkin (due to error below) or sometimes login to Vault Pro 2013 SP1 & we then have to do an IISRESET each time.

This comes up quite a bit on the logs:

Exception(Inner): The process cannot access the file 'D:\CadData\Vault\000\000\000\000\000\919\919333\919333_938173_8.iam' because it is being used by another process. Stacktrace(Inner):    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)    at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.ResourceStore.StoreResource(KnowledgeVault context, Stream sourceResourceStream, Resource resource, DateTime lastWriteTime)

15/01/2013 09:08:33 ******************************************************************* Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634938377132740222 ) Exception: BadResourceRelativePath [111] Stacktrace: Server stack trace:    at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.ResourceStore.StoreResource(KnowledgeVault context, Stream sourceResourceStream, Resource resource, DateTime lastWriteTime)

Has anyone any idea what may be going on?

The ADMS console 2013 is running on server 2003 with SQL std 2008

Thanks, Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
paul.gunn
in reply to: DWhiteley

Hi Dave,

Usually this means that another program (typically a virus scan or indexing service) is holding a file open. This can be difficult to track down. You could try selectively disabling background processes until the problem is identified - at which point you can generally configure the program to exclude the filestore location. Alternatively a tool like processmon (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx) can be used to monitor all file access and identify which process is locking the file - the trick here is to filter sufficiently to avoid information overload.

Hope this is helpful,

Paul

Message 3 of 3
DWhiteley
in reply to: DWhiteley

Hi Paul, That is superb help, thank you. I'll take a look at the server. Also, we took over this particular system & I know that for some reason the filestore is on a shared drive!!! I bet some AV is scanning it. I need to move the filestore & quick.

Regards Dave

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report