Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: BadAuthenticationToken [300] every time (some) users logs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1949 Views, 3 Replies

Exception: BadAuthenticationToken [300] every time (some) users logs

We use different servers for SQL and Vault , both databases and file stores are replicated and servers run windows server 2008 r2 standard. File store replication takes place about 1 hour before first user starts to work.

Some of my users are complaining about slow performance when getting files, when I check the vault logs after the replication entries I find this:

9/13/2012 6:59:59 AM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 111111111111111111111 )
Exception: BadAuthenticationToken [300]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
   at System.Threading.Thread.InternalCrossContextCallback(Context ctx, IntPtr ctxID, Int32 appDomainID, InternalCrossContextDelegate ftnToCall, Object[] args)
   at System.Threading.Thread.InternalCrossContextCallback(Context ctx, InternalCrossContextDelegate ftnToCall, Object[] args)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CrossContextChannel.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage reqMsg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Document.Services.FolderService.GetFolderByPath(String path)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.DocumentService.GetFolderByPath(String path)

9/13/2012 7:00:00 AM Acquired license(111111111) for username(yyyy), userId(000), host(0.0.0.0).

*You can observe that exception and acquired license lines have  same hour*   then almost for every user that starts a session I have the same pattern:

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 11111111111111111111)
Exception: BadAuthenticationToken [300]
Stacktrace:

at Connectivity.Web.Services.DocumentService.GetFolderByPath(String path)

9/13/2012 7:00:00 AM Acquired license(111111111) for username(yyyy), userId(000), host(0.0.0.0).

Almost every time someone gets a license is preceded by a BadAuthenticationToken [300] message. Also in some users that pattern is repeated every hour. I checked in the ISS options that regular time interval is set in 1740. Also some users are able to just get a license without having any exception being thrown before.  Log file has about 114 instances of that error in a 8 hours period

I haven't troubleshoot windows, SQL or ISS yet

My questions would be:  - Can that error impact the server performance?

- Reinstalling IIS may help?

- I'm going to upgrade to vault 2013 pro, is it recommendable to address that issue before   upgrading?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: Anonymous

All the 300 means is that the user's session has expired.  When a client gets a 300, it does a re-sign-in automatically and then retries the operation.

A users session can expire due to inactivity (no web-service calls have been made from that client for a while), or due to the server being restarted.  An iisreset will certainly cause the latter, but IIS will also occasionally restart the server if it has passed a memory threshold and is now idle.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: minkd

Thanks for the reply

Since I'm in new in the company i didn't know how everything was setted up

It turns out the pattern I saw was: A license being released due to inactivity, then when the user needed a license again it generated an error message since there was no license assigned and finally getting a new one. All that was transparent for the user

Message 4 of 4
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: Anonymous

We suffer occasional performance issues on ADMS 2013 SP1 and it seems somehow connected with this Exception.

What might be wrong?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report