Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Creating Visualizations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bill.Schmid
581 Views, 3 Replies

Error Creating Visualizations

We're running Vault Pro 2014 Server, but have not upgraded our clients.  They're still on 2013.

I have four files that the job processor won't create visualizations for.  Two are AutoCAD drawing files (DWG's) and two are Inventor parts (IPT's).  When I queue them up to have visualizations created, the Job Server Queue shows and error: "You do not have adequate permissions to perform this operation."  This is in spite of the fact that the Job Processor is running on my machine under my login and I am set as an adminstrator in Vault.

I went into Tools, Options and turned on Show hidden files.  There are currently dwf preview files associated with each of the four files.  All four are set to released, even though their parent files are either marked as Obsolete or Work in Progress.  I tried to delete the dwf's and can't, due to Vault restrictions.  I check the box saying to Ignore restrictions (delete unconditionally) and Vault tells me "You do not have adequate permissions to perform this operation."

How does this happen and how do I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

For what it's worth, I'm seeing more of these crop up.  It seems to be that some of the dwf's are getting set to Released state and then can't be touched - as in I can't delete them and apparently Vault can't either, which is keeping new visualizations from getting created.

Message 3 of 4
steveh4
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Stab in the dark....Are you running connected workgroups? If so, you may not have ownership of the folder that the dwf is going into?

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 4 of 4
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: steveh4

No.  We're not.  We only have one site.  One server.  The dwf's were getting created as Released.  I think they're supposed to be Work In Progress.

When I was trying to fix the default comments that get set for the different states I must have set a check mark in a wrong place, not realizing that it was setting something and not just a "this is what you're in now" selection.  It'd be nice if someone from Autodesk would chime in here.  I was holding off a few days before going the support case route.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report