Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 303 on Delete attempt, checked permissions on file and folder.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BSchubring
1316 Views, 6 Replies

Error 303 on Delete attempt, checked permissions on file and folder.

I have a group of files that was imported into Vault today by a user.  As users cannot delete files in our setup, I logged in as the Vault Admin to delete them, and I am being denied with Error 303. Frustrated that I might be getting stopped by some complexity in our lifecycle or folder permissions, I moved the files out to a folder with no access control list in security.  I changed the files to the 'Basic Release Process' Lifecycle and the 'For Review' state which has no state based security.

I am still unable to delete the files, same 303 error.  What else could I be missing?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: BSchubring

What release of the Vault are you using?  Also, what is the dialog that you are seeing prior to the 303?  I would expect there to be an option to delete unconditionally if you are an administrator.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 7
BSchubring
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Oops, sorry. Forgot to specify version, silly me. Vault 2012 with update 1 on server and clients.

When I try to delete I get the 'Are you sure' dialog box, I choose 'Yes'. Another dialog box flashed up very quickly (i've been unable to grab a screen shot of it, it's too fast) then I get the 'You do not have adequate permissions to perform this operation' box with no opportunity for admin override. 

Message 4 of 7
JamesMcMullen

This is odd.  I am unsure why that second screen goes by quickly.  That screen I believe is the one that has a title "Files Cannot be Deleted".  And in that dialog if you expand the "Details" button, you will see an option that says "Ignore restrictions (delete unconditionally)".  How are you blocking users from deleting files?  I am thinking that might help shed some light onto this problem.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 7

I have another thought.  If the point is to delete the file in question, try setting it to the default base category.  That usually doesn't have a lifecycle associated with it and you should be able to delete the file.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 7
BSchubring
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

We are unchecking the Delete box in the Security tab for most States (all but Obsolete, which can only be accessed by the Admin) in the Lifecycle we use for our files.  however, I have moved the problem files out of that lifecycle and changed them to the one I detailed in my first post so I don't think it should be affected by its old lifecycle, no?

Message 7 of 7
JamesMcMullen

I believe the old lifecycle still impacts the file until a lifecycle change state happens.  This is probably why you are unable to delete files.  And you are correct it does make sense to remove the delete check-box for permissions to block users from deleting files.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report