Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 26002 when applying SP1/SP2 updates to 2011 Vault Server

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rhendrix
3966 Views, 10 Replies

Error 26002 when applying SP1/SP2 updates to 2011 Vault Server

I was having trouble applying SP1 and SP2 updates to my new 2011 Vault Server installtion on a 2008 64 R2 server. I kept getting the "26002 Failed to read IISWebs table" message. Nothing here solved the problem for me but pointed me in the right direction. It was a rights issue during installation of the patch.

You can't right click over the MSP file to run as administrator so I created a batch file with the line below:

C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe -update  <path to update file>\AutodeskVault2011Update1(Server).msp

Saved the batch file to my desktop, right click over the icon and select Run as Administrator.  The patch installed fine.

Hope this helps someone else.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mcombs
in reply to: rhendrix

Thank You!

This worked for updating 2011 Vault Collaboration Server to SP1 on a Vista Business Machine.  It was giving the same 26002 error.

Message 3 of 11
oomclintmidas

Thank you for posting this. Absolute life saver!

Message 4 of 11
henry_cadaq

Thank you. Definitely helped much!

Message 5 of 11

This worked for updating 2011 Vault Professional Server to SP1 on a Windows 7 x64 Machine to. But it was giving the same 26002 error if i will instal the SP2 and in this case it doesnt worked.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Holger

Message 6 of 11
pacman58

Has anyone tried this with Windows 7 professional. I tried the batch file as suggested but it did not load?

Message 7 of 11
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: pacman58

You can try to launch the command prompt as Administrator and execute the MSP there as well.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 8 of 11
bjr001
in reply to: pacman58

Message 9 of 11
rantisong
in reply to: mcombs

Disable the UAC (User Account Control) of windows and have a try please.

-Frank

Vault 2013 Wiki help is ALIVE !
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, this helped alot!  I have a Win7 Ultimate x64 machine.  I did the .bat extention, but msiexec.exe kept giving me an error message (like /? will do) on how to use the options and file name.  In my case, the line in the .bat file was, C:\Windows\system32\misexec /update "<...>\AutodeskVault2011Update1(Server).msp", where the file name preceeded by the path had to be in quotes, and running the saved .bat file as an Administrator, that worked.  Smiley Happy  I will now try this for SP2

Message 11 of 11

As a side note, extract the file from the .zip, and have it the same directory as the .zip it came in, as I tried using the .zip within the " ..." and it didn't work, yet when I copied the file from the .zip, (works just like extraction) and pasted it into the same directory, could be almost anywhere, as long as the .bat file path finds correctly outside of the .zip, e.g. "C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /update "D:\Downloaded Updates and Installers\AutoDesk\Autodesk Vault 2011 Update 2 (Server).msp" , and then ran the saved .bat file, as Administrator, it works great! Smiley LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report