I found a consistency with this issue for me. It seems to be occuring when I assign an item to a "standard part" like a steel angle, channel, or pipe that has multiple links. We have an item number for each size of pipe rather than each length which will start to acquire many links. If I go back and delete the link, sometimes even delete the the entire item, then reasign, it seems to correct the issue. The assemblies I have bee working with are fairly simple so it is not a huge issue, just annoying. In larger assemblies it gets to be more of an issue to track down the culprit but it always seems to be those "standard" items with multiple links.
Hopefully they find some type of fix to this.
Here we solved the error by "Fix" all dirty(*) files.
The Items that had this error was marked dirty, after fixing this we could update the Items...
Never seen dirty files produce error 1455 before though....
What do you mean by dirty files? the only time you should have dirty files is if there are dirty files on your local drive but not in Vault itself.
When I talk about dirty files I mean the ones with the exclamation mark inside a yellow dot/circle. You are using an * symbol which suggests you are talking about files with pending saves, but haven't been dirtied yet (if they are read only and are saved then they go from being marked with * to the yellow dot with the exclamation mark).
Are you suggesting that if I delete my locally saved (read only because its checked in) from my local drive the Items will update?
Yes I mean files with an * symbol.
I guess there is/was an update that had to be done on the files.
We put the Items in Quick Changes state - Checked out - Save - *(gone) - Check in - Released - update Item - ok
I take it back, this does work...
What I did differently this time was open the assembly and drawing and check everything out, whether it had the * or not. I saved and then when I checked it in I used the delete local copy option to remove the local copies. I was then able to update the item.
I'm going to try this on some of the other items we have showing this error
Ok, I've just realized this only happens when users check in the idw from the browser in Inventor without 'delete local copies' ticked. Inventor crashes just about everytime on those idw's. Its then the Item for the assembly the drawing is for that errors out on item update or creation.
If the idw does check in without crashing then the item updates perfectly.
They key to stopping the Inventor from crashing on idw check in is to tick that delete local copies box.
When Inventor crashes it must corrupt the BOM information for the assembly in some way. I've successfully reversed this issue on one dataset so I will try it on another later on.
I clicked when one of my staff said his inventor keeps crashing when checking in idws, i'd updated that Item a few days ago with no error, so I got him to update it and sure enough we got error 1455.
Great bit of community teamwork here guys. Loving it.