Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1455

64 REPLIES 64
Message 1 of 65
avaya2012
5550 Views, 64 Replies

Error 1455

I recently checked a couple small assemblies into Vault from Inventor 2013 from one computer then came to mine and checked it out to do my thing.  I then created a drawing and checked both back into Vault.  Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to Assign Item to the assembly in Vault.  I get Error 1455 which reads:  The file was added in a way that did not include the correct item data. 

What did I do wrong?

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks

64 REPLIES 64
Message 21 of 65
KooCheeKit
in reply to: scottmoyse

Please log this issue with product support. Have to look into the database to determine the cause of the issue.

If you could share your backup at the state where the issue can be repro, i will take a look into the issue. After the backup, remove the filestores from the backup, this will reduce the size of the backup.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 65
SveinE
in reply to: KooCheeKit

Hi

We also have the same problem

It is logged as Case 07623711

Please prioritize this as there are several customer reporting it and there are no workaround as I can see

The Item can not be updated, export to ERP stop..., etc

br

Svein

Message 23 of 65
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: SveinE

Just in case, you can try this workflow:

1. Remove all file links

2. Assign primary file back

3. Update Item

Message 24 of 65
scottmoyse
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

cheers for the suggestion, but often you can't create the item in the first place let alone update it...

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 25 of 65
Maxim-CADman77

Not sure I understand you clearly.

Are you sure everything that need to be checked-in prior to Item creation is checked-in?

Message 26 of 65
scottmoyse
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

yes everything is checked in. This is a known issue. one which has been around for months now but unfortunately still hasn't been fixed. It only appears to occur on installations where Vault 2013 ADMS is installed & being used with Inventor 2012 & Vault Client/AddIn 2012

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 27 of 65
scottmoyse

Chee-Kit

thankyou I have logged it and supplied a link to download our database. The support case number is:

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 28 of 65
SveinE

ADMS 2013, Inventor 2013 sp1.1 and Vault Pro 2013 client on this site

br

Svein

Message 29 of 65
scottmoyse

@SveinE wrote:

ADMS 2013, Inventor 2013 sp1.1 and Vault Pro 2013 client on this site

br

Svein

well that makes it even worse. I had hoped that upgrading to Inventor 2013 in a couple of weeks would alleviate the problem.

Did you submit a backup of your database as well Svein?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 30 of 65
SveinE

Sorry:-(

br

Svein

Message 31 of 65
avaya2012

I found a consistency with this issue for me.  It seems to be occuring when I assign an item to a "standard part" like a steel angle, channel, or pipe that has multiple links.  We have an item number for each size of pipe rather than each length which will start to acquire many links.  If I go back and delete the link, sometimes even delete the the entire item, then reasign, it seems to correct the issue.  The assemblies I have bee working with are fairly simple so it is not a huge issue, just annoying.  In larger assemblies it gets to be more of an issue to track down the culprit but it always seems to be those "standard" items with multiple links.

Hopefully they find some type of fix to this.

Message 32 of 65
SveinE
in reply to: avaya2012

Hi

Here we solved the error by "Fix" all dirty(*) files.

The Items that had this error was marked dirty, after fixing this we could update the Items...

Never seen dirty files produce error 1455 before though....

br

Svein

Message 33 of 65
scottmoyse

What do you mean by dirty files? the only time you should have dirty files is if there are dirty files on your local drive but not in Vault itself.

When I talk about dirty files I mean the ones with the exclamation mark inside a yellow dot/circle. You are using an * symbol which suggests you are talking about files with pending saves, but haven't been dirtied yet (if they are read only and are saved then they go from being marked with * to the yellow dot with the exclamation mark).

Are you suggesting that if I delete my locally saved (read only because its checked in) from my local drive the Items will update?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 34 of 65
SveinE

Hi

Yes I mean files with an * symbol.

I guess there is/was an update that had to be done on the files.

We put the Items in Quick Changes state - Checked out - Save - *(gone) - Check in - Released - update Item  - ok

br

svein

Message 35 of 65
KooCheeKit

Scott,

Was able to repro with your backup, will log an issue for further investigation.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 36 of 65
scottmoyse

ok thank you, I hope you & your team can work out a fix or work around.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 37 of 65
mthomas

Unfortunately removing all the local copies did not change anything in my case, nor checking out and resolving all the *.

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 38 of 65
SveinE
in reply to: avaya2012

Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully Autodesk will find a solution soon.
Looks like there are more than one thing causing error 1455....

Br
Svein
Message 39 of 65
mthomas

I take it back, this does work...

What I did differently this time was open the assembly and drawing and check everything out, whether it had the * or not. I saved and then when I checked it in I used the delete local copy option to remove the local copies. I was then able to update the item. 

I'm going to try this on some of the other items we have showing this error

Mike Thomas

Message 40 of 65
scottmoyse
in reply to: mthomas

Ok, I've just realized this only happens when users check in the idw from the browser in Inventor without 'delete local copies' ticked. Inventor crashes just about everytime on those idw's. Its then the Item for the assembly the drawing is for that errors out on item update or creation.

If the idw does check in without crashing then the item updates perfectly.

They key to stopping the Inventor from crashing on idw check in is to tick that delete local copies box.

When Inventor crashes it must corrupt the BOM information for the assembly in some way. I've successfully reversed this issue on one dataset so I will try it on another later on.

I clicked when one of my staff said his inventor keeps crashing when checking in idws, i'd updated that Item a few days ago with no error, so I got him to update it and sure enough we got error 1455.

Great bit of community teamwork here guys. Loving it.

Cheers

SCott 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report