Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1455

64 REPLIES 64
Message 1 of 65
avaya2012
5551 Views, 64 Replies

Error 1455

I recently checked a couple small assemblies into Vault from Inventor 2013 from one computer then came to mine and checked it out to do my thing.  I then created a drawing and checked both back into Vault.  Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to Assign Item to the assembly in Vault.  I get Error 1455 which reads:  The file was added in a way that did not include the correct item data. 

What did I do wrong?

What can I do to fix this issue?

Thanks

64 REPLIES 64
Message 2 of 65
mthomas
in reply to: avaya2012

We just started to see this last week as well. We have two instances, one with an Inventor assembly and a second when attempting to assign items to an AutoCAD Electrical project. I'm not sure what to do to resolve this

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 65
avaya2012
in reply to: mthomas

Has there been any updates to this issue?  I could see this becoming a bigger issue in the near future.

Message 4 of 65
PACDrafting

We are also seeing a problem here

Message 5 of 65
KooCheeKit

Hi,

Are all the files checked into Vault using Inventor 2013?

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 65
PACDrafting

No.

We are still using Inventor 2012 and Vault Pro 2013

Message 7 of 65
KooCheeKit
in reply to: PACDrafting

Inventor 2012 and Vault Pro 2013 works on my enviroment.

Is there an error entry in the adms server log?

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 65
mthomas

We did use Inventor 2012 with Vault 2013 for a short period (around 1-month) and these files may have been originally checked in with Inventor 2012 but have subsequently been checked-out and back in with Inventor 2013

One of the errors...  Error 1455 "Operation failed: System Error. Please contact your system administrator"

ADMS log files shows... "Exception(Inner): ITEM_INVALID_PROVISIONAL_DATA: current link is not provisional Stacktrace(Inner): at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)"

We also see... Error 1455 "the file was added in a way that did not include the correct item data". The ADMS log shows the same as the above message

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 65
avaya2012
in reply to: KooCheeKit

I am using Inventor 2013 and Vault Professional 2013.  I am getting the Error 1455 "the file
was added in a way that did not include the correct item data".  It does not seem to be a consistent error either.  I thought it may have been due to an incorrect check-in but I have done many more the same way and they work fine.

Where do I find the ADMS log?

Message 10 of 65
KooCheeKit

The log can be found in the adms console as shown in the pic below.

adms2013.PNG

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 65
KooCheeKit

i could not repro using Inventor 2012 and then Inventor 2013.

Are you able to assign item if the file is re-checked into Vault using Inventor 2013?

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 65
desidubajic

Inventor 2013, Vault Proffesional 2013.

I just came across this error yesterday. We have thousands of files and several hundred item cards. This is the first time this has happend.

I had checked out a drawing, then the associated asssembly made changes to both and checked them in. There seemed to be no issue. I came across error 1455 when I first attempted to update the item card. Nothing I have tried has resolved this issue. I removed the link and attempted to assign the assembly and once again error 1455.

"The file was added in a way that did not include the correct item data.".

I can assign the drawing (.dwg) to the item card and I can assign the  presentation file as well. Any attempt to assign the assembly file fails with this error. This is the third revision of this assembly and it contains hundreds of parts.

I attempted to do a copy design, however vault came up with the same error for the copied assembly file. I then simply copied the assembly within Inventor, gave it a different name and checked it into vault as a new file. Once again the same issue. My final recourse is to rebuild the assembly from scratch, which also means rebuilding the presentation file.

Message 13 of 65
desidubajic
in reply to: desidubajic

It turns out that a sub-assembly and not the main assembly was the culprit. It too could not be updated due to the same error 1455. In the end rebuilding this sub-assembly from scratch fixed the problem for it, and for the main assembly that contained it.
Message 14 of 65
mthomas

Just had an instance where the item updated yesterday without issue, checked out the drawing of the assembly this morning and made some minor changes. Now I get the error 1455 when attempting to update the item. In this instance I made no changes to the actual assembly or its components, just finished the drawing.

Mike Thomas

Message 15 of 65
plembourg

Hello one of my customer using Vault pro 2013 has the same problem.

here an extract of the logfiles :

27/09/2012 10:51:44 *******************************************************************
Erreur: Exception Soap (mesg-id = 634843399043431650 )
Exception : ItemProvisionalComponentDataInvalid [1455]
Pile de suivi :
Server stack trace:
   à Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)
   à System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
   à System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   à System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   à Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)
   à Connectivity.Web.Services.v17.ItemService.UpdatePromoteComponents(Int64[] itemRevisionIds)

Exception (Interne): ITEM_INVALID_PROVISIONAL_DATA: current link is not provisional
Pile de suivi (Interne):    à Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)

27/09/2012 10:53:35 Reporting LibraryServiceException. Error code = ObjectDataNotFound
27/09/2012 10:53:35 Error Params =

27/09/2012 10:53:35   e75dd97d-8a85-409c-b223-c9db087df582
27/09/2012 10:53:35   HealthStatus
27/09/2012 10:53:35  

Message 16 of 65
mthomas

Had two more of these on Friday. What's weird is that with one of them by detaching it from the item and doing a rebuild-all within Inventor I was able to re-attach it to the item and succesfully update the item (no more error 1455), but with the other I detached it from the item, rebuild-all within Inventor, now I can not assign the assembly to the existing item without the error 1455

Mike Thomas

Message 17 of 65
KooCheeKit

i've tried a couple of test datasets and could not repro. If the issues continue, please report to product support... may have to look into the database to determine whether the bom data is sent from Inventor to Vault.

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 65
Maxim-CADman77

Inv 2012 + Vault Pro 2013

Just in case..

For us the error was reproducable on subassy (assign item) and one of its library components occured to checked out.

After removing reservation for the file Items for both aasy and subassy were created without errors....

Message 19 of 65
scottmoyse

I'm getting it as well, with Inventor 2012, Vault Client 2012 & ADMS 2013:

Untitled.png

11/10/2012 12:31:04 p.m. Begin executing event Autodesk.Index.UpdateFullcontent on vault 'SMI' at 11/10/2012 12:31:04 p.m.
11/10/2012 12:31:04 p.m. End executing event Autodesk.Index.UpdateFullcontent on vault 'SMI' at 11/10/2012 12:31:04 p.m.
11/10/2012 12:31:40 p.m. Acquired license(176366496) for username(Administrator), userId(2), host(192.168.1.66).
11/10/2012 12:33:22 p.m. *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634855556022821610 )
Exception: ItemProvisionalComponentDataInvalid [1455]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)
at Connectivity.Web.Services.v16.ItemService.AddPromoteComponents(Int64[] fileIds)

Exception(Inner): ITEM_INVALID_PROVISIONAL_DATA: current link is not provisional
Stacktrace(Inner): at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.ProcessBOMBlobs(Hashtable allboms, ArrayList newBoms)

I have to say this is a PITA! 

I've narrowed it down to the Assembly, all of its children are fine & I've sucessfully assigned items. Its that assembly file itself causing the issue.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 20 of 65
scottmoyse
in reply to: desidubajic

Has there been any resolution with this issue? Its starting to get beyond a joke. Every 3rd or 4th dataset I get it & I have to recreate the assemblies & delete them from Vault to fix it. THis on occasion means the drawings have to be recreated which isn't feasible given the fact there isn't anything wrong with the Inventor files at all..

Can someone from Autodesk please fill us in?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report