Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1316 - File Iterations could not be assigned to an item. .

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1587 Views, 20 Replies

Error 1316 - File Iterations could not be assigned to an item. .

I receive this error when I try to update an item of an assy. Any ideas how to solve this?
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Anonymous

Does this article help? - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/blog/crackingthevault.typepa...

If not you may have to open a support ticket to provide the database/dataset to check the issue.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 21
spascual
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi Sirs,

Is possible to open a ticket support without subscription??

Thanks,

Message 4 of 21
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: spascual

spascual

Are you having the same Vault problem or are you just asking a general question if you can open a ticket without having a subscription?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 21
spascual
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the same error.
Vault Pro 2015 SP1 migrated from 2009.
2009 2010 2012 2014 and 2015

Now I'm installing last hotfix.
This has happened to me with a new IPT file for testing purpouses. Crazy.

Thank,
Message 6 of 21
Mark.Lancaster

Error 1316 usually indicates there's a sub-component or subassembly in your overall model that has a problem.   Once you resolve that, the 1316 error goes away.  For example if a normal part was assigned an item and then later on changed to an iPart, the error 1316 would be issued.   In the past when I seen this error, I worked up model tree and assigned items to all my components.  At some point I would find the file that was causing the error.

So are you just trying to assign this item to this new IPT or is this the new IPT in an assembly?   What is the BOM structure of this IPT set to, normal, phantom, purchased,...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 21
spascual
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

This is a new and isolated file without geometry.

I'm trying to add geometry and feedback results.

BOM structure is set to Normal.

This issue has been appear to me before, about 4 weeks ago. In this case was in a migrated vault too. May bee the problem is here.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 21
spascual

03/07/2015 11:08:43 *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635715185233837722 )
Exception: PromoteFileIterationsFailed [1316]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.PromoteUpdateComponents(DateTime now, ArrayList subset)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.PromoteUpdateComponents(DateTime now, ArrayList subset)
at Connectivity.Web.Services.v19.ItemService.PromoteComponents(DateTime timestamp, Int64[] compIds)
at SyncInvokePromoteComponents(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Exception(Inner): Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression.
Stacktrace(Inner): at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryNextResult(Boolean& more)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.NextResult()
at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.Director.DelegateToBuilders(SqlDataReader dr)
at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.Director.InvokeCommand()
at Connectivity.Product.DataAccess.Items.PFBB_PromoteUpdate(Int64 userId, DateTime loginDate, DateTime promoteDate, ArrayList al, Boolean autoInclude, ProductRestrictions& restrictions)
Message 9 of 21
spascual

WE ARE SCREWED ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
ANY HELP WELLCOME ¡¡¡¡

ALL UPDATES INSTALLED
MAINTENANCE SQL PLAN DONE
Message 10 of 21
gilsdorf_e

Have inserted an iAssembly or iPart factory inside an assembly?

That happens if someone decides to make an iPart factory from a normal part, but in the past this part has already been put into an assembly.

Happens quite often in our environment.

Best regards

Erik

Oops. Nevermind. Just saw that Marc Lancaster already replied.

Message 11 of 21
spascual
in reply to: gilsdorf_e

Hi Sirs,

It is happening with all of files. Very, very, rare.

Please Autodesk, help ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

S.O.S.

Thanks,

Message 12 of 21
Andy.Spivey

spascual,

Earlier in the thread you had stated it is occuring with a new IPT file - if you add that file to a newly created vault, does the issue still occur?  If yes, are you able to get the file to us?

"This has happened to me with a new IPT file for testing purpouses."

The inner exception in the error you posted appear to be database / SQL related and a copy of the database will most likely need to be obtained and examined.  Are you able to create a support case and upload a copy of the vault and knowledge vault master database from backup?  Will also want to know at what point the issue became present - you had stated the vault originated in 2009, and was migrated forwared, etc.  At which release was the issue present?

"2009 2010 2012 2014 and 2015"

-Andy

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 13 of 21
spascual
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy,

Thanks for tour fast response.

It is happening too with the older files and when we update an item, so, always is happening.

This is the first vault installed in Spain for FRUMECAR company. Nowadays they have not subscription contract, so I can imagine that cannot open an Autodesk case support. May be I, as Asidek (Spanish distributor) could be. What do you say?

In vault 2009 is running well. After schedule a backup and restore in 2010 we didn't test if asign items is running fine.

Next migrations have been done detaching and attaching the database. KnowledgeVaultMaster database have been migrated by standard procedure of backup-restore.

Do you recommends to backup and restore through standard procedure???? So, process would be quite long.

Thanks,

Message 14 of 21
Andy.Spivey

Yes, please log a case against your account.

The recommended migration path would be the complete backup and restore - though as you say, it can be a long process.

In the recent hotfix installed, was a b2bmigrate command required? If that was not done recently, you can execute that command as well.

As noted above, please start a support case and upload a copy of the 2015 database to the support team for analysis.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 15 of 21
spascual

Hi Andy,

I has just deleted the vault in order to start again with the procedure and test in which version starts the problem.

I was missing b2bmigrate migrate command... I will try.

I'll be back soon.

Thanks,

🙂

Message 16 of 21
Andy.Spivey

If testing, you can exclude the filestore from your backups and restore - that should speed up the process as well.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 17 of 21
spascual

It would be great !!!!!

But I don't know how.

Thanks,

Message 18 of 21
Andy.Spivey

In your test environment, after your 2009 backup, simply move the filestore contents out of the backup package - then restore to 2010 and continue. When you are on your final restore to 2015, re-insert the filestore into the package to be included.

Ideally, this would not be the case, though should work.

You can also follow the whitepaper on the 3rd party backup process as well.

Again, recommend doing this all in your test environment and prove our your process.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 19 of 21
spascual

Amazing ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Thanks,

Message 20 of 21
spascual
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi Sirs,

I have tested again migration and check in wich versión issue appears... in 2010, 2012 and 2014 is running well and issue is missing.

Just when migrate to 2015 is when issue occurs.

FYI

I'm opening a case on Autodesk suppport...

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report