Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing User Defined Properties of an IPT inside Vault bug?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JRohlik
206 Views, 1 Reply

Editing User Defined Properties of an IPT inside Vault bug?

Hello all.

So basically the problem occurs when I update Properties under User Defined inside of Vault (Description in this case).

I select the IPT, select edit properties and modify the description which completes with success.

The updated description shows correctly in the grid.

I checkout the IPT.

Open the IPT and go to iProperties.

Description is not correct/updated.

I put in a different value than what I put in inside Vault to see if Inventor -> Vault works.

Save and check in to Vault.

User Defined Description property still shows Vault enetered value, and not value enetered from inside Inventor....?

I have checked other fields by same method and have noticed that any User Defined Properties under the Project tab of a IPT, will not correctly sync with Vault.

Has anyone ever run into this or know how to possibly fix it?

I am using Vault Pro 2014 server and client and am also Administrator.

Thanks in advance, Josh.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neil_Cross
in reply to: JRohlik

My first thought was how are you opening the files? If you open from the Vault Client, it doesn't push properties into the CAD file.  

But then you mentioned it isn't pushing it back into Vault, so that sounds like a mapping issue.

Another thought I had was that you mentioned user defined property, but Description is a system property not a user defined one, has someone created an additional property in your Vault to represent the description?

Best way to start looking at this is if possible, post a screen grab of the mapping settings on your property.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report