Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECOs Numbering Schemes - Hyperlink Files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
carlos.arredondo
244 Views, 1 Reply

ECOs Numbering Schemes - Hyperlink Files

Hello everyone,

I'm working in a great project; it treats of a Wastewater Treatment Plant where people are using Vault Professional to manage their information (drawings and documentation related to the project).

They have two files that store the correspondence list, sent letters and received letters. In those files, there are links for each letter in the project. We are using Copy Hyperlink option to link the correspondence list to letters. However, Vault creates a file with extension .acr and it opens a new Vault session. My question is, is there possible that Vault doesn't open a new session, but that it uses the current?

The other problem is related with the ECOS Numbering Schemes. We have created the following scheme: ECO-E-F0X-000XX where E, M or C, are letters to represent the discipline (Electrical, Mechanical or Civil); F0X indicates the flow to use, they have ten different flows (F01 to F10); and 000XX is the consecutive. Two people could be creating an ECO and each one could put the same consecutive number, because Vault puts the last said automatically, but in my case it isn't intelligent; if you create a new Change Order without save, a consecutive number is stored in memory and the next time to do the same, the number is the next consecutive to the saved before. How can I solve that? I want that if I create an ECO with a number saved before, Vault shows a warning to know that I have to use another consecutive number.

For example: we want avoid this:

ECOS.PNG

Two ECOS with the same consecutive.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: carlos.arredondo

On the ECO question, I think the only advice I can offer is to have your people save as soon as the create an ECO.  They can do that as soon as the dialog opens, locking in the number... then finish filling out the form and save again.  This should cut down on, if not eliminate that issue.  I don't see any way (right now) to do this automatically.

I also advise posting this issue in the Vault Idea Station forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2

This will bring it to Autodesk's attention.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report