Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO NOTIFICATIONS SMTP Vs NTLM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jeamy.baena
926 Views, 4 Replies

ECO NOTIFICATIONS SMTP Vs NTLM

Hi, Experts

In this moment I can't configure the ECO notifications, because my client uses NTLM protocol with his email server instead SMTP. I posted this case in the autodesk support system and they answered that there is no way to change this.

The only way is doing an authentication without user and password, but the security rules of my client doesn't allow this.

Someone with the same problem?

Any advice, will be appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: jeamy.baena
Message 3 of 5
ihayesjr

It will only work with the SMTP protocol.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 5
jeamy.baena
in reply to: ihayesjr

Greetings, Irvin

Now, we are implementing Vault with a customer that is ISP too, and we have others that use this authentication protocol (government companies,etc.).
Why?, because the use of SMTP with an email account only, is a very unsecure procedure and it may be used by others to send emails on behalf of other persons, because of that, NTLM windows protocol avoid this potential problem.

I now, that Vault only supports NTLM for windows users. Why not for the server email account too? 

I suggest that you include this critical feature for future versions of vault. Large companies with these security standars, for now, I guess can not be candidate for Autodesk Vaul Pro (If ECOs and notifications are required.)

Finally, I suggest that this restriction must be documented in the system requirements for Vault.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
ihayesjr

Jeamy,

Thank you for you feedback.  I have added your question to our IdeaStation.

Please go to the Idea and vote on it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Support-for-NTLM-Protocol/idi-p/3803294

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report