Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO email stuck in queue and not sending Vault 2014 sr1

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mdellunto
387 Views, 5 Replies

ECO email stuck in queue and not sending Vault 2014 sr1

Hi guys,

Its looks like we are having a problem where the ECO emails stop sending over the weekend. I think it happens when we run a manual backup.

The next day we see its missed its server task time and ECO emails are not sending. Here is a picture of our server task list mid way via the day.

eco3.png

Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it. It only just started happening two weeks ago and we haven't chagned anything.

Test emails work fine but not the internal vault ones.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
paul.gunn
in reply to: mdellunto

Hi,

It looks like there are a number of server events that didn't run. My guess is that the 'Autodesk Job Dispatch' windows service isn't running. It is required in order for any background events to run. Is it possible that you have a backup script that is shutting down this service? You can start/stop the service in the normal windows services panel.

Paul

Message 3 of 6
mdellunto

The service is running. Also people are using vault. A server restart has fixed the problem. We are having problems right now where the vault backups are running 14 + hours. I think it is missing the task start times because of the long backups. We are working on moving the system to a faster server. But why doesn't the ECO and other tasks run after the backup is done?

Message 4 of 6
paul.gunn

Hi,

There would normally be nothing to prevent this task from running during backup (i.e. uninterupted) unless you are shutting down IIS via script or some other means.

Paul

Message 5 of 6
mark.cloyed

Just a thought in case you haven't already done this.  The backup scheduled task in Windows 2008R2 and above initially seems to be created with a low priority (7).  Autodesk has recommended the following process:

1) Create the scheduled task for the backup.

2) Export the scheduled task to create an XML

3) Edit the XML.  Alter the priority line to change the value from 7 to either 4 or 5 and save.

4) In the task scheduler, delete the backup task and import the XML file to recreate the task.

We have found that the backup will generally take significantly less time (sometimes 50% less).

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 6
mdellunto

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/plain;" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro","sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
The service  is running because user are using the vault and I checked the service . Thanks for the suggestion. 

I did restart the server it self and the started working.
Michael Dell' Unto

Lynch Fluid Controls Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report