Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO attention notification

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
camundsen
362 Views, 4 Replies

ECO attention notification

I need to know when I need to approve an ECO based on my work list. I receive many ECO's and some that I approved then get rejected. When they return to my work list I don't see an indicator that it needs my attention again. Right now, I have to manually open every ECO twice a day to see if the "Approve" icon is lit up. The main problem is that there are multiple groups within my organization, hundreds of people and all of the rejections put these into a constant review cycle. I need a way to sort by, "I'm an approver" + "I need to review". Since all other variables change based on the ECO. A simple fix would be to make the ECO number "bold" in my worklist when it requires my attention. Please help.

Has anyone found a good solution?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: camundsen

Are you not getting email notifications when these ECO's are rejected and sent back your way?

I've not a found a way for the worklist to draw your attention to anyhting specific... it would really be a nice enhancement if the worklist was more informative and interactive.  I think that one goes on the idea station today....

But (we haven't gone live yet) I do have our ECO system set up so that at any status change, everyone on the routing will get an email from the server.  I'm going to make it a matter of training to have each person add any pertinent comments to these emails, since the worklist does not give more information at this point.

Message 3 of 5
camundsen

Thanks for the reply. I receive the email notifications. Often an overwhelming amout of notifications that loose their affect after a while. Mainly because if the last "approver" rejects the ECO, the process starts all over again.

We are using "unanimous approval" and ECO's sit in my worklist sometimes for weeks. Then they get rejected and pop back up with action needed. Without an indicator or sort method there is no way of knowing that the ECO you approved weeks ago now needs your attention again.

Regards,

Chris Amundsen

Mechanical Engineer

Message 4 of 5
cbenner

Have to agree with you there.  That's been my one big sticking point.  The worklist shows you nothing but the ECO number and due date.  It doesn't tell you anything else, and if you have lots of them...

Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

I just looked at the Idea Station and... lo and behold... I had added this idea last year!  It's been marked by the product line folks as "Future Consideration". 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault-IdeaStation/Work-List-to-Outlook-tie-in/idi-p/3535826

go here and add kudos to it, the more we get the more likely they act on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report