Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO and Item Errors

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jddrinkwater
2087 Views, 7 Replies

ECO and Item Errors

I am an engineer/CAD admin working to modify my company's drawing release and file control processes.  I have been getting errors when working with items and ECOs and need help.

I am working in a brand new vault database, which is attached to the same server which our current production vault runs on.  The issue I have is if I leave an ECO or Assign Item dialogue open for more than ~5minutes, a whole string of errors will be reported and further edits on the item/eco aren't possible.

Item errors:

ECO Errors:

Other errors in log:

All these are jsut from this morning.  I'm not sure if it is all related or not.  I've attached a snippet of today's log showing several of the errors.  I can make the whole log available if needed (2mb .txt file)

IIS is set with a timeout of 900sec and 2000 maximum connections.  We have a job server set up, but I have turned that off - it was not the source of the 300 and 303 errors.

I previously had problems with the item errors on our production database, which resulted in the demise of our item-based release scheme.  We are now in the process of adding a replicated vault site in conjunction with the new procedures.  These errors are a major obstacle, I need to get them addressed ASAP.  Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Assign-Item-Error-1387-Error-155/td-p/3291243

Vault pro 2012, SP1

Thank you,

John

Tags (5)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mollons
in reply to: jddrinkwater

I have been able to reproduce some of your problems with assign item and ECO.

However I was not able to reproduce them simply by leaving an item, the assign item dialog, or the ECO open,

I had to do an iisreset on the ADMS machine after open, editing, or assigning.

This leads me to think that the problem lies somewhere with IIS and/or vault logins expiring.

I talked to some server developers and they said there are times that IIS will reset itself.

You could check any memory limits set on IIS. THey suspect that if a mempory limit is being reached it is possible that IIS is resetting itself.

Also how reliable is your connection to the ADMS server. If it is intermittent or if other processes are going ont he machine they may cause IIS resets.

Vault logins in Vault Pro really shouldn;t be happening as the client polls the server regarding ECO changes too frequently for a license to truly expire. Have you modified any ECO settings? The effect si the same as an IISRESET though.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 8
jddrinkwater
in reply to: mollons

I will look in to what you suggest.  Thank you for the reply.

In our troubleshooting we felt that it was likely a setting in IIS could be responsible which is why I included the timeout and connections.  Can you give any specific places to look for evidence of the memory limit?  I am not IT, but need some help to put them in the right direction.

Our Vault is quite large - the Database is 11.5GB, filestore is 350GB.

We're on a good local network and only Vault is installed on the server (DB and files).

Thanks!

John

Message 4 of 8
mollons

I'd start by looking at the Recycling options on the Default App Pool.

1. In IIS Manager select Application Pools

2. Right click on the DefaultAppPool and select Recycling...

I've attached a screen cap of my defautl settings. I'd check the memory and time limits.

Other than that I'm not really an IIS guru either. If these settings don't point to a possible problem I'll have to do some more digging in the development team.

Also this link might help explain IIS recycling and the various memory and time settings.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/pfedev/archive/2009/01/22/memory-based-recycling-in-iis-6-0.aspx

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
jddrinkwater

I think this might be it!  After your last post we looked in here and it was set to recycle on a 10 minute interval.  We will read up on the proper settings.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 8
jddrinkwater

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the help - that pointed us in the right direction!  We had two issues going on here - #1 was that IIS was set to recycle every 10mins which was causing the bulk of our problems.  The second issue we discovered (through the help of the link you posted) was that there was no user permissions for ASPNET.  Together this seemed to be causing all our problems.  We've been completely error free all afternoon (which is a first!).

Cheers,

John

Message 7 of 8
mollons

Glad to hear you are up and running error free!

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
TBJV

John (jddrinkwater),

We have just upgraded our Vault Pro from 2013 to 2014 and are experiencing many of the errors you noted in your original post back in April of 2012 that previously did not occur in VP 2013. In addition, we have the "No newer file versions for update" error that pops up when assigning items. This occurs quite often.

If it's possible, can you advise if the resolution in this thread solved your problems and whether you have upgraded your Vault since then? Did the problem reappear on the upgrade and did you resolve the problem using the same methods? A current screen capture of your recycling settings would be great if possible.

Thanks. T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report