Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWFPreviewHandler.dll Error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Neil_Cross
1771 Views, 3 Replies

DWFPreviewHandler.dll Error

So I was just about to test Item Watermarks for a recent post by Chris Benner, so I clicked an IDW in Vault, go to the preview tab, clicked the latest released revision and hit Update... it thought about it for a minute then threw me this:

DWFPreviewHandler.dll.png

Now I get this error before I even get a chance to hit the Update... button, it appears immediately now when I select the version in the preview tab.

Needless to say I've obviously ran the requested repair of the Vault Client, and I've repaired Design Review, and opened it, and I still get this.

Now Vault is giving me this whenever it tries to call Design Review to preview any file, including image files.

Design Review.png

I've now completely uinstalled and then reinstalled Design Review, then the same for Vault Client, but the error is still there.

This was working fine until around an hour ago, which is when I uninstalled Data Standard 2015.  Could be a co-incidence but it's the only thing I've done between it working and not working.

Any ideas would be welcome.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Neil_Cross

OK so I bent the truth a little above.  I performed a 'reinstall' of Vault Client using the add/remove programs option.  

To fix this, I had to completely blitz the Vault client from my PC then redeploy it.  The problem wasn't fixed then until Design Review was opened and closed once after that reinstall of Vault.  

Hopefully someone else will find this solution in the future.

Message 3 of 4

I'm getting the same error message.  I did a reinstall of Vault Client, then opened Design Review, which asked me (for about the tenth time) to do a repair.  Again, it successfully repaired.  I then went to Vault, selected a drawing, and attempted to preview the DWF.  Before I could hit "update," the same error message appeared.  I'm running out of ideas......

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: kurtschneider1724

I have the same problem...

is there anyone who resolved this problem?

thanks

Pablo

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report