Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwf

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
m.hermann
377 Views, 3 Replies

dwf

Hello all,

i need to publish over thousands of dwf. My first opinion was to make it by jobserver. but that's very slow.

Is there any solution to make it like in INVENTOR- Taskplaner (where i do sometimes my cad- migration) to share the job on serveral computers?

f.e.

computer1: Inventor Taskplaner/publish dwf/from lokal resource (first i downloaded them from vault) /folder -1-10

computer2: .....folder 11-20

that works, i see the dwf's, but how do i check- in the dwf 's on right place in vault easily?

Or does anybody knows a workaround for that?

Sorry for my bad english, hope it's understandable.

Greets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I don't think you can use Task Scheduler to check-in DWF files. I'm on 2013 and when I create that task and select files the "files of type" doesn't include DWF.

files.png

You could run the Job Processor on another more capable PC. It's usually located in the Tools sub-folder of the Autodesk/Data Management.

Although I haven't used it and therefore don't know much about it, you could investigate using the AutoLoader. See here.

You could also manually add the files into Vault. You can multi-select many files and add them all at 1 time. Probably start with a small group for testing and work up to a decent number.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: m.hermann

My experience has been that the .dwf files default to the same vault folder as the associated file.

I always had the .dwf files hidden from view in the Vault unless you turned them on under the options to view hidden files.

Are you looking to place them in a different location then the associated file?

Are you an administrator to the Vault?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
m.hermann
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hello,

i do it like that:

On 1 machine i define the jobs. On others i start the jobprocessor, they all spool the jobs as they get it. That works.

Thanks all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report