Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF setup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nvanlaar
310 Views, 3 Replies

DWF setup

I appologize if this is a simple question I'm new to Vault.
When I check a file in, the dwf that is created is only a partial snapshot
of my layouts, ie. not the whole sheet. Is there a setting somewhere that I
can set to make the dwfs the whole layout? (yes, my layouts are setup
correctly)

Currently running ACAD 2008 with Vault as a single user setup (Vault and
Client on same machine).

Thanks in advance,
~Nick
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
a.zwegers
in reply to: nvanlaar

I have the same question... why aren't DWF's and Vault Previews controllable via plot options? Why are they just partial layouts? Also see http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=675331 - this is basically a repost because I need this to work properly.
Message 3 of 4
ggriffiths
in reply to: nvanlaar

Nick,

I'm not certain of this, but I think what's happening is that it "plots" the dwf based on what your last printout was. So if you printed and say, selected a windowed area to print (and hit "apply to layout")...when you re-vault the dwg, it will "plot" the dwf based on that window you last specified.

At least, that's my impression. What I did for my company is disable the dwf creation on check-in option. Then in Vault I hit the "Update..." button (on the view tab), and it creates a semi-intelligent full-sheet dwf.

Good luck,
Grant
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Could you give this a try:

For each model/layouts, go to the page setup and select "DWF6 ePlot.pc3" as the Name of the plotter and then set your other settings accordingly. For those model/layout page that you leave it as "None", it will use the settings within the "Preferences.xml" file.

Location of "Preferences.xml" file should be at:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Vault AddIn\Objects\Preferences.xml
--
Kit

Ying Kit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report