Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF files attached

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jgraffa
386 Views, 11 Replies

DWF files attached

I am using Vault 2012 and I used autoloader to load 300 files.  The dwf files were created but I am not clear how these get used when trying to access files through a web browser with the web client.  I can see all the dwg files but not dwf. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
karthur1
in reply to: jgraffa

I think they are hidden by default. Click Tools under Options, check the "Show hidden files".

Message 3 of 12
jgraffa

Thanks.  I am not able to see them within the web client.  I am trying to provide users the ability to look at drawings from a browser window without using Trueview or any other viewer if it is not required.  Currently when I click the file link and I get the dialog box asking for a program to open the file.

Message 5 of 12
karthur1

Ur trying to access vault files via a web browser? I would be interested in doing that too if we could.  Right now, I am copying the vaulted files out to a shared folder that non-vault users can access. We dont use DWF, but they have inventor view and dwgview to look at the drawings.

Message 6 of 12
jgraffa

Yes,  the DWF files were created using the autoloader. 

Message 7 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: karthur1

karthur,

http://xxxxx/AutodeskDM/webclient

where xxxxx is the name of your vault server.  This will give you a view and print access to files and items in the vault via the web.  Where the OP is having an issue is that he is trying to view dwf's of files in the vault, but instead the viewer is trying to actually open the file itself.

I don't know the cause, jgraffa,... I've only seen what you are experiencing in cases where the dwf was not created in vault.  If you say they are there.... I don't know what's going on.

Message 8 of 12
karthur1
in reply to: cbenner

Im using basic vault.  Are both of you using Vault Pro?

Message 9 of 12
jgraffa

yes, Vault 2012 Pro

Message 11 of 12
Vlad.Makarov

Try selecting one of your auto loaded files & having the job processor create a system approved DWF file.
jgraffa

Can you provide a little more explanation?  Am I using the thick client or am I running the import function?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report