Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF attachment issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
211 Views, 1 Reply

DWF attachment issues

I am sorry if there is an answer to this question somewhere on this forum already but the search function does not work. I tried searching on DWF and it came up with one thread.

Anyway, I am having problems with the Mecanical 2009 DWF attachments in Vault. If I plot a drawing to file from Mechanical using the ePlot.pc3 I get a DWF file that has the correct paper size and it is in black and white. If I check a file into vault the DWF attachment always has a 11 x 17 page size and the layer colors are being displayed. I need the DWF attachments to have a paper size that is the same as the drawing and I need them to be in black and white. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Regards,
Nathan
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nathan,
I found your posting while looking for answers to the same problem. The automatic creation of the DWF seemed to work a little better in Vault 2008. We recently upgraded to Vault 2009 and now this feature is called "Visualization". There is a "Define visualization attachment options." dialog, but the only option is the path for the saved file.
We make use of the DWFs for our non-CAD users by having the DWF automatically copied to a server location outside of the Vault. The DWF files are saved to the correct location, but the file does not have the same output settings as the drawing. The DWF needs to preserve the paper size, lineweights, color setting, and especially scale in order to be useful. Otherwise, we have to have a CAD user access the drawing file inside the vault for printing and that pretty much defeats our purpose in having the DWF accessible to others in the company.
I second Nathan's request, Does anyone know how to fix this?
- David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report