Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing templates not updating

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Cadmanto
468 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing templates not updating

I created a complete new set of start part and assembly templates as well as different size drawing templates.  With these templates I setup data cards in the vault that have specific properties that feed the new drawing templates.

These all work fine when a new part or assembly is created using these new model templates.  When I fill in the data cards on the models the iproperties populate as well.

Now comes the problem.  I have older files created using the old start part and assembly templates and when I fill out the data cards (which this part is no issue) not only do the iproperties not populate, but because of this the values do not populate in the drawings as well.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is?  And how to resolve it?

Thanks

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

I would really love to hear some feedback on this.  If this is posted in the wrong forum please tell me.

Maybe it needs to be posted in the vault portion.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 3 of 8
Madhan_T

Hi,

For the drawing which uses old template needs to be updated using new drawing template. Please check out all the old drawing files, run “Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard” to update the title blocks and then verify that the iProperties from the part gets populated in the Drawings’ title blocks. Then you may check in the drawing files.

Hope this helps.

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Madhan_T

Hi Madhanagopal,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tried this wizard tool and I am not seeing how this will fix my issue.  This only deals with drawings.

My issue is with model templates (old vs new)  Models created with new model templates using the data cards

populates the new drawing templates.  Models created prior to the new model templates using the old model templates do not populate the new drawings created using the new drawing templates.  This is the issue.

When I look at the old models after filling out the data cards, the iproperties are not filled out or have they been created.  I end up creating them and filling them out manually.  I am trying to find an easier solution that fixes this so that whether it is old or new models they both automatically populate the new drawing template.

I hope this makes sense.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_LT/enu/2012/Help/0041-Autodesk41/0428-Collabor428/0457-Tools45...

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 8
Madhan_T

Hi, Sorry for the delayed reply. If the data card does not update iproperties, it means that the vault property mapping in vault administration could be set to "No" to create new iproperties. Please change this setting to "Yes" and try updating properties in inventor data cards. Hope that helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Madhan_T

Don't worry about it.  Just glad you did.

I will take a look at it tomorrow.  We as a group are meeting to try and dela with some of these issues.

Sorry to be a pain, but any chance you can post a screen shot of the exact setting you are speaking to here?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 8
Madhan_T

Here is the screen snapshot.

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
Cadmanto

Thank you very much.

I will let you know how it plays out.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report