Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag n Drop locking up Vault Pro 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cbenner
487 Views, 8 Replies

Drag n Drop locking up Vault Pro 2015

Before we get too far here, I will say that I know dragging and dropping files in to the Vault is not the best practice.  That said....

I am dragging large quantities of old archive files into my Vault... something is locking up the process, and the Vault in general.  The only fix becomes a reboot.  I was doing this all day yesterday with no problem.  Today I get a 103 error:

103.PNG

Is this in anyway a known problem?  Am I dealing with corrupted source files?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Ok, getting check in errors on all systems now, including inside my CAD with the Add Ins.  Basically this has become a work stoppage.  Going to attempt a full shut down and restart at lunch today.  Last reboot of server made no difference.  Is there something on the server I need to be looking at?

This is from the server log:

Exception(Inner): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.ContentSourceProperties'.'PK_ContentSourceProperty' in database 'Powell' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

What do I do with this?  Am I simply running out of physical drive space?  The drive appears to still have some (but not much) space.  Is the database limited to how much of the hard drive it is allowed to use?

Message 3 of 9
cbenner
Message 4 of 9
ihayesjr

Chris,

What version of SQL are you using?  SQL Express has a limit and full editions only have a limit if you set it on the database inside of SQL Management Studio.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 5 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr

I believe we used the SQL Xpress... so we're up against the limit.  Problem now is the 103 Error won't let me do anything, including deleting files to make more space!

Message 6 of 9
ihayesjr

You can try and run a SQL Maintenance plan to see if you can shrink the database and log files.  That might clean up some space.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 7 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr
Message 8 of 9
scottmoyse

**** I should have provided the answer here so I got a solution against my name Smiley Tongue... cheers for the shout out Chris!

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report