Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document consumer is asked to checkout, then denied checkout.... huh

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
karthur1
262 Views, 1 Reply

Document consumer is asked to checkout, then denied checkout.... huh

I have a user group setup in Vault for non-engineering users.  This is mainly for sales and service so that they can see/use the Vault information and not be able to edit the files.  The Vault permissions for the group is "Document Consumer".  Per the Vault help page, the permissions for this group would allow  "Read-only access to files and folders only, including the job server queue".

Vault is a pretty "smart" application, so why then does it ask the vault user if they want to "check-out" a file when they are opening from Vault?

2014-08-22_1456.png

If they say "Yes", then they are greeted by yet another dialog telling them that they can't check it out because they do not have the permissions.

2014-08-22_1458.png

Does that even seem right that they are even asked these questions?  Remember, Vault knows what group they belong to and what permissions they have.

Thanks,

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 337.88)
INV Pro R2015, (update 2)
Vault Pro 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
smithmat
in reply to: karthur1

Kirk,

I doubt you'll get a good answer on "why" here.  This may be a good candidate for the idea station however:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideastation/idb-p/2 

You'll probably want to generalize it (since this situation comes up in other locations in Vault) and site this as an example E.g. "a user should not be presented with an operation they do not have permission to do"

- Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report