Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differnt properties of vaulted original and local copy?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MaxU77
120 Views, 1 Reply

Differnt properties of vaulted original and local copy?

Hi, colleagues!

I'm using Vault 2009.
When I check-out an Inventor file without getting it - I regularly face message:
"Some properties in file '{0}' may be out of date. Would you like to update properties now?".
As I'm 100% sure there can't be any changes (firstly, it was me myself who have just "checked-in" the file; secondly, the status icon of the file is "white circle") -> I answer "No",
but I wonder: if anybody knows what properties are told about?

I've "googled" a bit about the issue: The most relevant was description of SP1 for Vault2008, which is told to changing prompts settings to "not asking the question", meaning "yes for all".
But still .... this is not the solution unless it is definitely known which properties are meant.

Any suggestions what properties are told about?

Best regards.
MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Madhan_T
in reply to: MaxU77

Hi,

This message would appear only when you are connected to Productstream server. In Productstream, a file can be assigned to a ITEM and the User Defined properties from Item can be written on Files. The prompt is to let the user to choose whether the properties need to be written to the file. For more information, please refer Productstream help about Mapping file properties.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report