Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detach a Vault & Backup the rest

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
249 Views, 3 Replies

Detach a Vault & Backup the rest

Vault Pro 2013;  I have a Temp Vault that resides under my overall Vault, it's failing during a "Backup" function.  It is 1 of 6 that I'm trying to backup.

If I Detach that particular Vault & run a Backup on the system;  Will it bypass that Vault and do the rest?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

Yea if that Vault isn't attached it won't backup, although if it's 1 of 6 that it failed on... chances are that there's an underlying issue there which will still fail on.  Give it a go but it could be a permissions issues, attach the backup log here if it continues to fail.

Message 3 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi,

This depends on how the vault is detached. If someone detached it in SQL then definitely a problem - as the database would be expected but missing. If detached from ADMS console then the vault would be entirely removed from the system. So this could solve backup issues if there was some specific problem with that database.

Paul

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: paul.gunn

I did the detach from ADMS because the errors appeared in a specific Vault.  Unfortunately when I re-ran the Backup/Restore, it crashed out again....

I think we have some serious SQL error....I've inquired with our AutoDESK Help team for support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report