Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting workspace files.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
helmartins
3199 Views, 8 Replies

deleting workspace files.

Hi!

I'm starting with vault. Even reading some topics in wikihelp, I'm having a little trouble.

Is there any way to check in the files and deleting workspace's files automatically?

I try to use workspace sync, but it doesnt work

I'm tryng this because I can not see any advantage keep on with this files in workspace, since I Have my files checked into the vault.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
olearya
in reply to: helmartins

Hey there,

The advantage to having local files is simply a time saving exercise while you are working on the same dataset day in and day out - not downloading the same data each day, opening local copy instead of from Vault.  Ideally this is a situation where there are few other users working on the the same dataset (fewer updates required) and the idea would be to remove all the local copies when you finish the job.

Workspace sync utilizes expiry dates (1 day, 2 weeks etc) to identify and remove or update local files, so this is not generally an immediate fix.  There is a small add in tool on the exchange appstore that will remove local copies but you can actually select the option on your check-in dialog to "Close and delete working copies" in Inventor and AutoCAD.

This last option may be the better one for you.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
helmartins
in reply to: olearya

Thanks for support!!.

I think this Works.

But If I want to use the workspace sync, it was to download my workspace file and make the actions. In my case, this tool does not recognize my files. See the attachments.

Martins.

Message 4 of 9
olearya

Hey Martins,

More than likely the files have not been sitting there long enough - at the bottom of the worksace sync dialog is access to the settings.  IN here you can select the threshold for outdated managed and unmanaged files etc.

The dialog will only show files Workspace Sync is intending to take actions on - delete or update.

More info on the wiki: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0003-Essentia3/0006-Manage_t6

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
helmartins

You are correct! Thnks!!

Message 6 of 9
helmartins

Thanks for support!!. I think this Works. But If I want to use the workspace sync, it was to download my workspace file and make the actions. In my case, this tool does not recognize my files. See the attachments. Sauda??es | Best Regards Helder Martins Departamento T?cnico ePLAN BRASIL Ltda. Phone: +55 (11) 4223-5010 Fax: +55 (11) 4223-5020 hmartins@eplan.com.br suporte@eplan.com.br Software pirata ? ruim para todo mundo, denuncie! antipirataria@eplan.com.br The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and except from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are informed that any dissemination, copying, or disclosure of the material contained herein, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the original sender and purge this message. Thank you very much. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------- A informa??o contida nesta mensagem eletr?nica ? destinada somente ao individuo ou entidade ? que ? endere?ada, e pode conter informa??es privilegiadas, confidenciais e de divulga??o n?o autorizada, sob as leis aplic?veis. Caso o leitor dessa mensagem n?o seja o destinat?rio real, voc? est? informado que qualquer dissemina??o, c?pia, ou divulga??o do material aqui contido, todo ou em parte, ? estritamente proibido. Se voc? recebeu essa transmiss?o de maneira equivocada, por gentileza notifique o remetente original e apague esta mensagem. Muito obrigado
Message 7 of 9
Crstiano

Hi Allan,

Leveraging the issue, my problem is similar. But what I want to know is how to perform the "Close and Delete WorkCopies" when I do not excutei the CheckOut of the file.
example:

I ran the "Get File" only to view the file and closed. But I want him to delete the files in the workspace?

Thanks,

Cristiano Oliveira
Developer Addins | Consultant CAD/PLM | CAD Manager
https://www.ConsultCAD.com/

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 9
olearya
in reply to: Crstiano

Hi Cristiano,

In this case you will not get an option as there is no Vault add-in operation carried out on the files - you would need to rely on 1. manually deleting unnecessary files 2. using workspace sync to remove the files in time or 3. using delete local file utility from appstore.

This request is perhaps something that could be added to the ideastation page for future consideration.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
Crstiano

This problem is bigger.

Your solutions:

1 - very slow and possibility of error
2 - The Vault Basic dont have Sync
3 - The App is not available for Vault Basic

And yes...need Add in the IDEIASTATION
Thanks

Cristiano Oliveira
Developer Addins | Consultant CAD/PLM | CAD Manager
https://www.ConsultCAD.com/

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report