Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Vault check-in status

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Marcel_
426 Views, 5 Replies

Default Vault check-in status

Hello,

since our new Vault setup all files we check into Vault for the first time are checked in with status "obsolete" (for models) or "released" (for drawings).

I thought that I now understand the Lifecycles since I assisted in the setup, but this seems strange to me and I cannot find where to change the default check-in status for files. I'm sure there must be an option. Could you please help me out?

thanks!

Marcel

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Marcel_

First thing we need is.... what version and flavor of Vault are you setting up?  That could make a big difference.

But it seems this is probably due to category assignments.  Category assignment rules can force a new file into a certain category.  These categories are then assigned to a specific lifecycle definition, and in that definition the file will take whatever is set as the default state for new files.

Message 3 of 6
Marcel_
in reply to: cbenner

hi Chris,

I am setting up Vault professional 2014.I am not sure what you mean by flavor?

Yes exactely, we are using category assignments (that I did not set up myself). Could you please indicate where I find these default states for new files within the category Assignments?

thank you!

Marcel

Message 4 of 6
smithmat
in reply to: Marcel_

To set the category that gets assigned to a file

• Tools->Administration->Vault Settings->Behaviors->Rules
  • Change top combo to "File Rules"
  • Here you can change the Default rule for category assignment or create a new rule

To set what lifecycle the file gets put in based on the category:

• Tools->Administration->Vault Settings->Behaviors->Categories
  • Choose the category.
  • In the bottom Behavior pane, click "Assign"
  • You can add Lifecycles to this category as well as set the default Lifecycle definition for this category.

To set what the intial state is for a lifecycle defintion

• Tools->Administration->Vault Settings->Behaviors->Lifecycle
  • Pick the Lifecycle definition you want to change
  • Click edit.
  • In Lifecycle Details pane right click on state you want to be default and choose "Set Default"

Hope that helps,

- Matt

Message 5 of 6
Marcel_
in reply to: smithmat

Hi Matt,

wow thanks for this very helpful overview. When adapting the lifecycles last time I went from top (work in progress) to bottom (obsolete / published) and just by editing these last, they were automatically set as standard.  🙂

thanks again,

Marcel

Message 6 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: smithmat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report