Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date property from Vault to ACAD titleblock

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
katterbauer
2477 Views, 21 Replies

Date property from Vault to ACAD titleblock

Hi,

i am handing over a property from vault to a title block attribute in Autocad. The property in vault is from type "date".

In Vault the value just shows the date (e.g. 27.05.2011), but in Autocad the value shows the date AND the time (e.g. 27.05.2011 08:30:22). I would like to have the value without the time in the title block.

Is there a possibility to format the date value in Vault so that it just stores the date value without the time? Is it possible to format the value during the property sync? Would it be better to format the value in Autocad (and not in Vault)? How (do not know a solution for this kind of attribute definition in Autocad)?

Thx for any advice,

klaus

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
mollons
in reply to: katterbauer

It looks like the time is always getting written back. I have logged this with the development team.

Could you use a text property instead in Vault? You lose the date picker when editing properties through the Vault client, but you'll get the correct formatting (users woudl have to enter the corract date format in vault).

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 22
dave_deane

Did you ever get this to work? I am trying to map a UDP (user defined property) from Vault Collab to an autocad created block attribute. This block is inside of an Inventor.dwg file. Are you using an Autocad generated titleblock within an Inventor dwg also??

Cheers,

Dave

Message 4 of 22
katterbauer
in reply to: dave_deane

Hi,

no, we are not using ACAD titleblocks within Inventor DWGs...But there is the possibility to map properties from vault to Inventor DWGs...

klaus

Message 5 of 22

Hi, is there an hotfix in preparation to change this behavior? The advantage of a date UDP, is to perform search like: Older than a specific day, the last 10 days, etc...

Or is there a way in Autocad to format this date?

Message 6 of 22
freece
in reply to: mollons

Hello

Is there now solution known?

I' ve checked, if the attribute can define the format. But Vault seems to be the master.

Greetings Daniel

Message 7 of 22
xavier_dumont2
in reply to: freece

Do you have some news? This behavior is not acceptable. I consider this as a bug!

Message 8 of 22
dave_deane

We are on Collab 2012 and this problem persists. Can anyone tell me if this deficiency is still in 2013?

Dave

Message 9 of 22
spascual
in reply to: mollons

I think this is not a polite solution.

regards,

Message 10 of 22
xavier_dumont2
in reply to: dave_deane

Nothing change in 2013. Same behavior.....

And there is something I discover:

-Create an UDP as text.

-Map it with a Autocad titleblock.

-Map it with an Inventor iProperty as date.

-Change the iProperty date and look at the result in the UDP.

Almost all of our customer it's the Swiss format dd.mm.yyyy, but by a specific customer it's the American format mm.dd.yyyy. Why? Nobody can said me why. I already try to change regional settings, SQL collation, etc... No change.

How to fix this new strange behavior? By fixing the original problem describe in this thread: Link a UDP as date with an Autocad titleblock must display ONLY the date no time.

Message 12 of 22
spascual
in reply to: xavier_dumont2

Hi sirs,

Any idea about creating an autocad property, but deleting X characters from another field?

In Inventor is possible.

Regards

Message 13 of 22
spascual
in reply to: xavier_dumont2
Message 14 of 22
spascual

please help

Message 15 of 22
rseiple

Anyone have any updates on this? It is still happening for one of my customers in the 2016 software, using Vault Pro, Inventor , and AutoCAD. See the attached screenshot!

Message 16 of 22
gilsdorf_e
in reply to: rseiple

This is a story going on for several years. The only thing you can do right now is to map the UDP unidirectional from ACAD to Vault.

There are even worse things happening. If you create a drawing in daylight saving time and the time is changed to wintertime, the date will jump by one hour meaning for example from

07/06/2015 00:00:00

to

06/06/2015 23:00:00

when you do a synchronize properties in Vault.

The priority support told me that this is fixed for Inventor with the next updates, for AutoCAD there is no timeline yet.

Message 17 of 22
eduardo.godinez2
in reply to: rseiple

This is still happening in Vault Pro 2017 Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 22

We had an improvement in Vault 2018.2 Update to have a setting to enable only show Date without Time in the Title Block. 

Rachel Li
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 19 of 22

That's great, but what if you cannot upgrade to 2018? Will there be an update for Vault 2017 to fix the issue? 

Message 20 of 22
tapani.kuikka
in reply to: rachel_li

I am having this issue still in version 2019 of Vault professional used with ACADE 2019.

Could you tell me how to make this setting where date datatypes will show only that in titleblocks and not date + 0.00.00 ?

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report