Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extraction Table Problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
hc74.npd
530 Views, 1 Reply

Data Extraction Table Problem

Using a BOM Standard MultiLeader Table to generate BOM. BOM components are generated by MultiLeaders in the drawing, attached to their components. We have our entire BOM parts list in an excel sheet, located in the Vault. If an item is in our drawing, the corresponding item number references the item in the excel sheet and populates the description and part number in the BOM table. In this particular drawing, my BOM is telling me that I have an item, Qty 2 no less, of something that isn't there. If I run a 'Find' function and type in the part number, it finds only 1 instance of it in the entire drawing, which is the BOM table description. There are no MultiLeaders anywhere in the drawing with this part number. All of our objects are drawn in Model Space. Each sheet has it's own Layout tab, 26 sheets in this drawing, with viewports for whatever is on the sheet. I have copied everything in Model Space trying to get the Qty of the unwanted item to change, but it won't. Likewise, I went through each layout tab and deleted and/or copied all to get the Qty to either double or disappear. There was no affect on the Qty in the BOM. We have no idea where it is pulling this information. All layers are on/unfrozen/visible...etc. An associate took out the BOM that was in this drawing and generated a new one, which appeared to work. He checked it back in, then I checked it out. It still looked fine when I opened it, but, I made a couple changes, hit save, then noticed the unwanted component had returned.

To boot, the excel sheet in Vault looks fine, but in my BOM, this one item is using a lower-case letter in the P/N, which we never use.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

AutoCAD 2015 / AutodeskVault Pro 2015

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hc74.npd
in reply to: hc74.npd

Problem was resolved. I found the MLEADER in the BOM template drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report