Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cards - Syntax Error

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
DeconSmal
640 Views, 11 Replies

Data Cards - Syntax Error

I am having problems with Data Cards in Inventor. I have the properties mapped and I can open the Data Card. But when I click the double arrow in the lower right corner to edit property information, I get a Syntax error that says, "Syntax error: Missing operand after 'd' operator.", I have no idea what this means. 

a file with the images I am getting and a text file with all of the information contained in “Details”.

I had been changing, adding, updating properties under “Vault Settings” and “Properties”. Initially I thought the Search Index needed to be rebuilt, but that didn’t help.

Hope someone can help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Madhan_T
in reply to: DeconSmal

Hi,

I will forward this to developer and get back to you.

In the meantime, couple of suggestions..

1. Try Log Out & Log In and then invoke Datacards.

2. Close and reopen the active document.

Regards,

Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
junyi_zhu
in reply to: Madhan_T

Please check if there is any single or double quote in property name/value. It's likely to appear around letter 'd'. The error seems related to formation of SQL query.

Junyi Zhu

Junyi Zhu

Message 4 of 12
DeconSmal

Thanks Madhan, no luck with the Login/Logout.

I tried running the data cards from the original Inventor "standard.ipt" template, thinking that my template maybe the issue. I still get the same error. The original template has not been altered from the initial install of Inventor, so I don't think it's my files. I am looking into Junyi's suggestion. But keep firing suggestions, I'm hoping to fix this problem as soon as I can.

Regards,

DeconSmal

Message 5 of 12
Madhan_T

Hi,DeconSmal,

I confirmed that if I have a single quote in property name this error appears. To resolve this, exclude the property in Datacards configuration. Then, create new property that does NOT have single quote in the name and then include this property in Datacards.

Regards,

Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 12
DeconSmal

Madhan,

I found the property that contained the quotation. The property created was "No. Req'd." I removed the quotation and replaced with an underscore ( "_" ). I also updated the data card property in the Vault. However I am still getting the same error. Do I need to update every file in the Vault that contains the quotation so that it is completely irraticated from the Vault or should the change only affect the file that I am trying to edit under the data card? Hopefully this makes sense.

Regards,

DeconSmal

Message 7 of 12
Madhan_T

Hi, DeconSmal,

Renaming the property will NOT fix the issue. Because, the property name at the time of creation is saved under "System Name". When the property is renamed it renames only the "Display name" of the property. So, in order to resolve this, a new property has to be created without single quote. Then Remove the existing Property from the all the files and Add the new property to those files. (Select all the files > Actions Menu > Add or Remove Property)

Regards,

Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12
DeconSmal

I'll run through this process and see what I come up with. May take some time but I'll let you know the outcome.

Regards,

DeconSmal

Message 9 of 12
DeconSmal

Good morning Hadhan,

I have bee working through your suggestion and I have been able to get the data cards working again on a few models. One problem I have ran into is when I select all of the files I want to remove the property from, I only have the option to "add" a property. I can't choose remove unless I select only one file at a time. Is there something I'm missing?

On another note. Is there a good way or a correct way to update new properties that have been added for them to display in the properties pane? Using the Add or Remove Property works, but this only works if you know which properties have been added. For example, there are currently 500 files in Vault that have 5 properties assigned to them. 5 more properties are then added to equal 10 total. 100 new files are added to the vault. The new files display all 10 properties but the original 500 only display the first 5 properties. Whats the best way to update these files with the new propeties?

Message 10 of 12
Madhan_T

Hi, DeconSmal

Pelase email madhanagopal DOT t AT autodesk DOT com. I will help you to get this resolved.

Regards,

Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
Madhan_T

Hi,

To resolve this, Create a dummy category and Enable this property only for that dummy category.

Then select the 500 files and now you should be able to see "Remove" option.

I attached images for your reference.

Regards,

Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 12
DeconSmal

Madhan,

I will give this a try.

Regards,

DeconSmal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report