Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing the Revision Table

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
294 Views, 1 Reply

Customizing the Revision Table

Hi,

I am trying to customize the Vault revision table to display names for 'checked by' and 'approved by'.  My intension is for these fileds to be populated when the file's state is changed during our release process.  I am looking for a way to create a custom action in the state transiontion rules where it would write the username of the person making the state change to a UDP in the file.  It seems like only 'bump revision' and 'sync properties' are possible.

My question:  Is there another way to accomplish this?  It isn't practical for our checkers and approvers to open the drawings and manually add their names to the drawings, and some don't even have inventor.

Inventor 2012 x64, SP1

Vault Pro 2012, SP1

We'll be migrating to 2013 in the coming months - is there something new in there that I should wait for?

Thanks!

John

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DannyvanDuijn
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello John,

The Vault revision table is controlled by Vault. So, when a drawing is released within Vault there will be an automatically generated update made by the Job Processor. Only if the Job Server is enabled and a job processor is configured.

To answer your question: the job processor is another way to update your drawing with the required information without the use of Inventor.

Danny van Duijn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report