Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Objects - Vault Pro 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Lancasterm
522 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Objects - Vault Pro 2013

I have been looking at custom objects in Vault Pro 2013 to track our documents to our customer.   I am very close in nailing down the process in how this would occur but I have a couple of questions on custom objects..

1.   Is there a way to link a certain item revision (not always the latest) to a custom object/instance and have it maintained?   Meaning a document or drawing could've gone out at rev A to the customer but before its approved we are making revision B.  So in this process the custom object/instance would still have revision A linked and not updated to revision B.

2.  Is there a way to hide all of the custom objects and only have them shown for certain people?   Meaning when the project is completed/shipped I want to hide it or hidden from people who are not part of the project team.  Granted I can hide the information under the custom object using the security but I want to hide the custom object in the navigation pane as well.

3.  Is there a way to run a report on the entire custom object scope and not based on a given instance level? 

Regards

Vault Pro 2013 Service Pack 1

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: Lancasterm

Hi there,

Unfortunately I do not believe there is any way to lock the item release to a custom object - the link is maintained to the live object, be it file, item, Eco or other custom object and as such will update.  I can suggest perhaps looking at adding notes or a document detailing revisions Though this is quite manual.

In terms of access to custom objects take a look at the Access Control List available in the custom object configuration dialog - here you can set overall permissions for access to an object type.  This would allow you to block users from the object type.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0127-Client_A127/0140-Security140/0...

I may need more information on this last point but you should be able to create an advanced search that covers all custom object types and generate a report from these results. 

Hope this helps,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report