Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom object with category and lifecycle

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
wesbird
213 Views, 0 Replies

custom object with category and lifecycle

Hi, 

I'm new to Vault. I have post a couple posts: 

Now I'm close to chose custom object as the solution. now I have question:

I create a custom object, name as Task, copy some drawings and paste as link.

1. Next I change the Task's category to Engineering for example, now I hope all the drawings under it will change to the same category, Engineering, automatically, how I can configure it?

2. After that I change the Task's state to WIP, same thing, all the drawings under it should change to WIP automatically, how I can configure it?

3. At the end I will do my job on all the drawings and release them when I'm done. once all the drawings are released, I hope this Task's state will change to released automatically, how I can configure it as well? 

4.  I plan to add some UDP, User defined Properties, to the Task. e.g. 'Client ID', 'Client KPI Days'. 'Client KPI Days' will depend on 'Client ID'. 

Client ID = A, Client KPI Days = 5;

Client ID = B, Client KPI Days = 7; 

Client ID = C, Client KPI Days = 11;  

how to store this kind of lookup information in the Vault?

when user input the Client ID information, how I can populate the Client KPI Days according to the lookup information automatically?

5. In the future, new Task instance was created, I like to have a custom dialog box to

5.1 fill all the information like, Client ID (which will fill Client KPI Days), and others. 

5.2 Change Category according to UDP Type. If Type = "CAFM", then change category to CAFM; if Type = "CAD", category will be CAD, ...

Is those possible? I'm going to start from reading DECO and programming with custom object by Doug Redmond.

Any help I appreciated it very much. 

Thank you, 

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report