Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Find Question

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jlaidler
188 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Find Question

Is there a way to conduct a FIND, where the results would be documents that don't have a 'local working copy'?

(productstream 2009)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jlaidler

Hi,

unfortunately you cannot search for Vault status (file local or not), as it is determined in the context of the folder whether a local copy exists or not.

I don't know for sure what you are trying to achieve with this search in the end, but my guess is that you want to keep your workspace up to date and organised. Productstream 2009 brings you workspace synchronization: The new Workspace Synchronization command reduces the need to manually manage the local workspace. the command supports two primary operations: downloading and updating out-of-date files and removing files that fall within the expiration rules. Outdated files are moved the Windows Recycle bin.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards,
Thomas Schwaiger
Customer Success Engineer | Data Management | Autodesk
Message 3 of 5
jlaidler

The workspace sync only 'updates' documents that are already in the workspace. But if a 'new' document is placed in a library folder, workspace sync will not do a 'get latest' on that document. The user has to manually select the file/folder and conduct a 'get latest'.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Correct, only documents that are already in your workspace will be updated. New documents may be retrieved if they are used by a document already in your workspace, e.g. a colleague inserts a new part in an assembly you're working on - workspace sync will make sure this part is also downloaded to your workspace.

Are you looking for a solution to make sure all files are also in your workspace?

If so then the VaultMirror utility can help you achieve this. It is delivered as part of the SDK and can be found here C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Data Management Server 2009\SDK\VS8\CSharp\VaultMirror\. You can use it as is or modify the source code to achieve particular requirements not covered by the tool.

If this is not what you'e looking please let me know your requirements.
Message 5 of 5
jlaidler

There are about 40 users here, so I would rather not use the Vautl Mirror tool. The easiest way would of been to do a search on 'vault status', which you can't at this time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report