Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current ECO Status Workflow vs. Proposed ECO Status Workflow

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Calavetta123
702 Views, 4 Replies

Current ECO Status Workflow vs. Proposed ECO Status Workflow

Right now we are using the current ECO Status State Workflow that comes with Autodesk Vault Professional 2012. We are getting ready to install Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 and would like to customize it with new ECO Status States to improve our current workflow.  Currently we are using the standard out of the box States which include Create, Open, Work, Review, Approved & Closed States but would like to customize it to have a Create, Engineer Validation, Open, Work, Internal Review, Engineer Review, Lead Engineer Review, Approved & Closed State. Is this possible and if so can you give me a step by step on creating new ECO Status States in Autodesk Vault Professional 2014.

Please see attachment for a more in-depth understanding.

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Calavetta123

Currently there are no customizeable ECO workflows in Vault Professional.  I wish that were the case.  I believe this has been proposed in the Vault Idea Station ( maybe even by me :))  Right now you have two choices: Standard and with Check State.

Message 3 of 5
Calavetta123
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the response - I can't believe that they have not made this an
option yet. I will definitely utilize the ECO Check State and might also try
to implement New Item Lifecycle Definitions with New Item Lifecycle States
within each ECO State to do what we need accomplished. Hopefully this will
be a possibility for me.

See Attachment for clarity

Robert

Robert Calavetta, Contractor, AFTAC/TTSE
Engineering Technologist II
BAE Systems Aerospace Solutions
DSN 854-3780 COMM: (321) 494-3780
Message 4 of 5
Calavetta123

See Attachment for clarity

Message 5 of 5
cbenner

I'm afraid that in Items, you do not have that flexibility either.  There are (4) Lifecycles in Items.  Only 4.  You can change the Display name of them, and that's about it.  There is very little you can do with Item lifecycles other than set WHEN the revision gets bumped.  Needless to say there is still room for improvement in the ECO world.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report