Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumbersome to get drawings out of the Vault - ERP necessary?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
6789 Views, 2 Replies

Cumbersome to get drawings out of the Vault - ERP necessary?

Have been reading some posts how to get drawings out of the Vault and have some questions in addition to that. See older post here: (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Get-a-list-or-report-of-all-drawings-used/td-p/3265680)

Perhaps I am missing something obvious but it's "suprisingly" that it's so cumbersome to get drawings+drawinglist out of the Vault to supply them towards our suppliers (machineshops). For such an advanced system one would expect this should be far more easy. How do other people handle this? Or do you make use of an additional (ERP?) system to help with this?

It seems that the Pack&Go functionality is the "easiest" solution for now for us to get drawings out of the Vault.

Now I have the following situation:

I have put an released sub-assy in the WIP state because I want to do a major revision to that assy. The thing that I don't know yet is which files in that assy have to be revised and which ones remain untouched. Therefore I want to prevent that all these files (sub-assy,parts,drawings) are included when doing a p&go of the main-assy. The sub-assy itself is not included (logical and ok) but all the parts/drawings in that assy are included in the p&go and are also mentioned on the report/drawinglist (also logical but that is not what I want). In my believe a very confusing situation if one would sent that directly to a machine shop. How do you handle such situations? Do you manually correct this or do you have a smarter way for this? Is the BOM/Item master (disabled in our case) of use here? Or is this done by ERP?

Please don't say I have to finish the revision first before making the p&go of the main-assy 😉

Any thoughts on this are welcome, thanks.

Christian

Vault Pro 2013/Inventor Pro 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Anonymous

Um... if your need is to run the drawing set off for an assy (regardless of it's lifecycle state) then use Vault Plot. Run the command and select (add) the file as the IAM file. The plot list is then populated with all of the drawings referenced by that assy. Remove the drawings you don't want. You can then submit that for plotting AND print off a page report of the drawing set. You can also monitor the plot set and print off a report from there that shows additional information.

Maybe I have mis-read your needs but Vault Plot should do the trick.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Thanks, but it is exactly the lifecycle state of the files I am looking at. So the plot functionality is not what I am looking for.

It seems that the thing we are looking for is adressed in the ECO process within Vault. Would be nice to here some more about experiences here.

Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report