Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created by "jobuser"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amasva
349 Views, 3 Replies

Created by "jobuser"

Hi

In vault we have a user called "jobuser". This user account is used by the jobserver. The jobserver is set to update the properties and publish a dwf files when a drawing is released. To do this the jobserver has to check out the drawing and a new version is created. This causes several problems:

1. The user account "jobuser" has to be "allow" to modify a released drawing.

2. According to Vault the person that created the drawing is called "jobuser". He has actually created every Released drawing in Vault...??

3. To do this job the jobuser creates not one but two version. See attached jpg.

Is this as intended for Vault? Is there a property that can tell me ho "really" created this drawing without open the preview and zoom in?

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan_ho
in reply to: amasva

Hi Asle,

I'm not sure if I understand your questions fully, but here's my attempt at answering them anyway:

Yes, the JobServer creates two additional versions on Release in your case.

Each version increment corresponds to a separate task carried out by the Job Processor; one for properties synchronization and the other on the revision table update. (There will be no version increment if there's nothing to update in your revision table though).

It is preferred that you have a 'special' account created for any modification of released drawings. That way, you can minimize or prevent tampering of released files from any other accounts. In your case, you have used 'jobuser' to do so.

I reckon you would like a property to state 'Last Released by' for a given released revision. We do not have such a property at the moment.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
amasva

Hi

You understood my questions just fine 🙂

A property like "Last released by" would be a good idea.

But It would be nice to see who was the last person that actually made a change on the drawing. The property "Created by" told me this before we start using Vault Collaboration and jobserver..

Asle

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1
Message 4 of 4
alan_ho

Asle,

Thanks for your prompt response and feedback.

I'll escalate your request to the respective owner(s) for consideration in future releases.

Alan Ho
Principal Experience Designer
Digital Platform & Experience
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report