Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new units

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bogdanov.y
307 Views, 2 Replies

Create new units

Hello,

the problem which I have is :

I use Inventor with Vault profesional and in my project there are many bolts that are the same dimension and it is the same standard part. But I don't buy muy material in units, I go to buy in box. For example, one box has 100 units bolts.

For this Vault has the conversion units, where I can create new grup. For example I go to create a new unit "box" and this unit contain 100 "each". The problem is that I can create only one unit, and can't purge other exist. After create one new unit, I go to create another and this unit don't appear in the list. It seem that the Vault has one limit and only is posible to create one... Why?

When I create my unit "box" I go to aply this unit to my grup (bolts). For example I have 50 bolts and when I change unit from "each" to "box" the cuantity change to 5,00000376859 why this number is not exactly? If each box has 10 bolts and I have 50 bolts, the result 50/10=5, not 5,00000376859....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Which version of Vault are you working with?

For your issue on the inability to create new unit, it was reported previously but it is resolved in Vault 2012.

Regarding your second issue with the stray digits after the decimal, I'm also seeing this issue and will report this issue.

Thanks!

--

Kit

Ying Kit
Message 3 of 3
bogdanov.y
in reply to: bogdanov.y

I use Vault profesional 2011, may be that is the problem which I have. I going to prove update to 2012.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report