Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Dwf settings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
297 Views, 2 Replies

Create Dwf settings

I can change these settings but I can't make them stick, is there a way to do this:

dwf.JPG

Cheers

Andrew

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

They do stick, I just changed that very same setting -> shut down and reopened Vault client and it's still what I changed it to.  So I reckon it's likely something on your side.

The publish options are global meaning when they change they're applied to all Vault users.  I can't say I've really looked into where that setting is written to, but it's likely a XML file somewhere.  Are you both a Vault administrator and logged into Windows as an administrator level account?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Neil_Cross

I have also found that these settings are not persistent, in that the system sometimes ignores them. We have ours set to use the dwfx format, however, some of the files will be generated as a dwf.

I tested this by setting the 2d & 3d options to dwfx, shut down vault, reopened it and verified that the settings were the same (dwfx). I then deleted the existing dwf, and allowed the system to regenerate it, and it will still be a dwf, not a dwfx.

In some instances, the system will just generate a screenshot instead of a 3d file. Very bizarre...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report