Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not allocate space for object 'sys.sysobjvalues'.'clst'

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Ezekiel12
3080 Views, 5 Replies

Could not allocate space for object 'sys.sysobjvalues'.'clst'

Hello, i tried update Vault 2013  with newest update. It was succesfull and then the Vault want from me migration of databases thgough ADMS. But when i try it it will show me this windows with this error. What can i Do? I have 4 times mor free space on disc then the SQL data so this can't be the problem...

Could not allocate space for object 'sys.sysobjvalues'.'clst' in database 'Vault' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full.

Thx for help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
minkd
in reply to: Ezekiel12

It sounds like either the drive where the SQL databases are located is full, or you have reached the size limit of SQL Express.

If its the latter, and you are currently using SQL Express 2008, you could upgrade to SQL Express 2008 R2 since the limit increased from 4GB to 10GB in SQL Express 2008 R2.  If you are already on SQL Express 2008 R2 and have reached the 10GB limit, then you have to purchase a supported edition of SQL from Microsoft.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
Ezekiel12
in reply to: minkd

Hello Dave,

thx for response. It will not be the full HD because we got 3 times more free space than is needed. And the full SQL? The SQL got more than 4GB but it was fine before updating of Vault, so i thought that it can't be it... 

So i try reinstall SQL to R2 and we will see. Thank you very much Dave.

Message 4 of 6
Ezekiel12

Hello,
I probably can't install it, because i have win XPSP3 and there is error in instalation: Not valid Win32 application... So This will e probably problem of compatibility. (HD is fine, downloaded. exe file of R2 is fine,...)

Any other idea how to fix this problem?
Message 5 of 6
minkd
in reply to: Ezekiel12

Only the mdf files have the 4GB limit, the ldf files do not count.  And the limit is per database so the total of all your mdf's can exceed 4GB.

The migration requires requires space in the database so it will not succeed if your database is close to the limit prior to the migration.

Make sure you download the 32-bit version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition (SP1). I'm not sure but it might even be on the Vault Server Install media.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
Ezekiel12

Thank you very much Dave for explanation.

I solved it by downloaded another .exe file... the first one was probably broken. So another SQL with bigger limit solved this problem.

Thx! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report