Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copys of same file in vault 2012/

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JimSteinmeyer
373 Views, 2 Replies

copys of same file in vault 2012/

Comming from both Pro and SW I thought that with Vault files would be checked and only one instance of an item would be allowed in the vault. For example if XYZ.ipt exists in one assembly in vault and I attempt to enter a totally unrelated part XYZ.ipt in the vault I would be notified of it and either would not be allowed to enter it or the new assembly would point to the existing version of XYZ.ipt. This was one of the main reasons I gave my superiors for purchasing Vault.

Now I open vault and search for XYZ.prt and find it located in 6 different places. How do I make sure every part/assembly only has one active model in the vault and that allassemblies or drawings pointing to part XYZ.ipt point to the same one?

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

Hi JIm,

Under the administration tools > Vault settings you are able to "Enforce Unique File Names" - this ensures that no files can be added to Vault where the same name already exists.

Duplicates.JPG

Next to this option is a tool which permits you to find duplicates, this will report all pre-existing duplicate file names and enable you to start the process of renaming/replacing/deleting and otherwise rationalizing the data.

Unfortunately this process will need to be done manually if you are uncertain of the validity of each file, as in, are the duplicates identical, is one newer than the other or are they simply named the same.

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: olearya

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. We must have turned this off to load the existing files with the intention of going back to clean everything up once the assemblies are all entered.

Thank you

Jim

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report