Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design Restriction

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Scotty87
1351 Views, 5 Replies

Copy Design Restriction

Recently I have changed workstations, and while attempting to copy design a .iam file (I have also tried on .ipt and .idw files, as well as files that I have previously performed copy design on) I get the following message:

"XXXX.iam cannot be copied due to vaulting restictions."

"Copy Design is not supported on the selected file type."

Anyone else have this problem and/or know of a fix?

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
carrie.ruan
in reply to: Scotty87

Thank you posting this message.

It seems that all inventor files can't be copy design in the new workstations, is there a compatible Inventor installed in this workstation?

Regards,

Carrie

Message 3 of 6
dimasilang

I am having the same problem and the same error message. We have nine workstations with all the same version of Vault and Inventor. Only two of the workstations have the problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Earl

Message 4 of 6
lucmartzz

Today I got the same problem... Someone have a solution? (I'm using AIP2013 with Vault basic and ADMS on the same workstation)

Message 5 of 6
Scotty87

Hey, after trying just about everything, I had to format my computer. Not a fun task, but it solved my problem.

Message 6 of 6
lucmartzz

well, I guess it's better to spend no more time trying. I will format my computer too, anyways I have other problem with the Mold desgin Server and it looks that the solutions is format the computer.

Thanks Scotty87

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report