Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design History

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jddickson
480 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Design History

If a job has been copy designed is there an easy way to find out what job it was copied from?  Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
olearya
in reply to: jddickson

If you look in the comments of the new file it should detail what file and file version it was copied from.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
jddickson
in reply to: olearya

I need to know the jobs that were copied designed from 2 years ago. After the newer job has been manipulated and changed.  Can someone please help me figure this out? I thought one of the big reasons for having vault is to be able to track your job from start to finish.

I have templates that has changed and I need to know what jobs used the old templates so they will not be copy designed in the future.  

Message 4 of 5
olearya
in reply to: jddickson

Sorry - I am confused - you cannot go through the historical comments to find this information as I have suggested?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
jddickson
in reply to: olearya

You are correct I got confused because one of the guys working here wrote over the comments with his information. Thank you. You were correct.

Thanks again for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report