Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design for Folders

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
volkan
543 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Design for Folders

Hi,

Recently we scheduled a meeting with a customer to talk about Vault Professional. He asks something similar to "Copy Design" functionality.

Let's say I have a folder structure with the files like below;

Folder Structure

*800 represents the main folder and 800-001 to 006 represents the subfolder.

What I want to do is, I want to set this structure as a template and like in the "Copy Design" functionality, I want to create a new folder structure based on the template with a different prefix. (Lets say the folder and subfolders name should start with 801 instead of 800 and)

Is it possible?

Cheers,

Volkan

Volkan ARI
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.laidler
in reply to: volkan

With the out-of-the-box Vault Professional, this is not available.  You could create a folder structure, then have 'placeholder.txt' files within the folders.

If you are an Autodesk Enterprise Support account, you can purchase the 'Enterprise Add-on' which includes the 'Clone Folder Structure' functionality.

http://download.autodesk.com/us/vault/Enterprise-Add-On-for-Autodesk-Vault-Guide-2014.pdf

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 5
volkan
in reply to: john.laidler

Hi John,

Unfortunately I don't have an account like that and also as far as I see with this add-on I can only change the main folders name. I also want to change the name of subfolders.

Anyway thanks a lot for your reply. It may help in the future.

Cheers,

Volkan
Volkan ARI
Message 4 of 5
Denkema

Hi,

You can also look in the App Store for Vault. I think there's also an app for it. Otherwise check the site of Doug Redmond, JustOnesAndZeros, in the past he had also an app to copy a folderstructure with properties and ACL.

Mark

Message 5 of 5
volkan

Hi,

Actually we can do it with the brand new Vault Data Standard. 🙂 Here is an explanation in the cool orange's website;

http://blog.coolorange.com/2014/10/17/create-folder-tree-from-a-template/

Volkan ARI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report