Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy design error invalid URI

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1949 Views, 4 Replies

copy design error invalid URI

Hello all,

I have a little problem  which is quite annoying. While a copy design is being performed I get the following error " Invalid URI, The format af the URI could not be determined."

What is the possible reason of this error?

Thanks in advance,

Tiziano Cannova

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
iamerm
in reply to: Anonymous

I got the exact same error message today doing a copy design.  I tried it a second time, though, & everything worked just fine.  My approach was identical each time, so I have no idea what caused the error on the first attempt.

As a side note, do you know what would be nice?  I would love to have the ability to save a "proposed" copy design.  I can't count the number of times that I have spent a LONG time getting a copy design set up, & then it fails for some random reason.  Afterwards, I'm left with nothing except the need to start over again.  It would be nice if you could set up the copy design, save the proposed changes, & then execute it.  That way, if it failed, you could re-open the setup & troubleshoot without starting all over again.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for your answer. I 've tried three times to do the copy design and everytime I got the same error. So no luck for me. It is indeed a good idea if you could save a copy design before executing. Especialy when you are dealing with large assemblies (5000 parts).

Eventhough thank you for replying.

Message 4 of 5
rjay75

This is probably very similar to the copy design issues I've had as well. After months of trying different things noticed a blog post today that may have a fix.

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2011/07/copy-design-pointing-to-from-c-or-.html

For us another issue that we thought may be involved to was on our machines we use roaming profiles and the project folder was pointing to a location on a server. We changed this value to be the local directory on the computer that points to the vault working directory. So far this has seemed to work.

Message 5 of 5
iamerm
in reply to: rjay75

We are still having this issue.  It happens frequently, but sporadically.  Has anyone found a distinct cause?

Invalid_URI.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report